Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

meat market's

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:57 PM
  • 33 Replies
Who uses them?
What do you get?
Do you think its better then the standard grocery store?

We recently moved and a mile down the road is a meat market. I checked their webpage and they have so many options my head is spinning. They also have individual sale or bundles that are 30 to 40lbs of meat at sale price.

I have a vacuum sealer and deep freezer so I can freeze meat if i like the place. They also have a sale now buy 10lb ground beef get 5 lb free.
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladyvamp5489
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:00 PM

We use one, its local Oregon grown hormone free. Its cheaper and fresher, we pay $75 for 50 lbs of assorted cuts

lilmama8408
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow thats a great price.
Each bundle here includes some beef and pork product with chicken. But the prices ranges from 89 to 175

Its all from local farms they even have deli stuff like cheese from local amish/menonite farms

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

We use one, its local Oregon grown hormone free. Its cheaper and fresher, we pay $75 for 50 lbs of assorted cuts

starlight1968
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:29 AM

I have been wondering about going to one too...

copperswifey
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:43 AM

We don't have any around here. I have never heard of them before. I would go if we had one :) 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 26, 2014 at 6:27 AM

I'm 1/2 mile from a meat market.  They have fresh meat, smoked meats (they do their own), jerky, cheese, spice rubs, nut butters, locally made jam....it's quite the place!

I don't buy much from them because I know where they get their meat (feedlot animals kept in filthy conditions and fed anything but their natural diet) , but we do get the occasional cheese/rubs/nut butters. 

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 7:14 AM
I don't think we have one around here, but I should check into it!
Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:30 AM

I use them when I see some special deal. I generally go for beef.

They used to have 5lbs of beef for $6.99 and now that deal is $9.99 :(

northernmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:34 PM
We don't have a meat market around here but our local grocery store does some stuff themselves. There is also a farm that travels around and you can but fresh meat from but they get expensive but it tastes sooooo good.
sanj1213
by Juanita on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I haven't been to one in a while. It's a little far
jessicasmom1
by Laina on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Yes , Yes and we get beef sticks, ribs, ham steaks when we run out from our farm raised beef ,.. but I don't see us going awhole lot now whole beef and whole pork coming

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN