Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

knives

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:19 PM
  • 32 Replies
I'm in the market for a new set of knives. Im looking for good quality ones that are well balanced and are sharp and can be sharped when needed. I hate a dull knife.
So help me out what do you ladies have that you like ot any recommendations.
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:46 PM

I have a set of Henckels and a set of Cutco knives. They are both wonderful.

northernmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:50 PM

i have a cheaper set of Chicago cutlery they aren't bad but i do want to upgrade to one of their better sets

copperswifey
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I need some new ones too. Will be curious to see what everyone recommends :) 

lkane81
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM
I was just looking at henckel. Maybe I'll get some for mothers day. Ill have to drop a hint tho.

Quoting Sisteract:

I have a set of Henckels and a set of Cutco knives. They are both wonderful.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I don't have anything fancy, just Pampered Chef knives and a set that has stainless steel handles that I LOVE.  All balance well and maintain an edge for quite a while, and are very easy to sharpen.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:16 PM
I like hickory but they aren't made anymore
Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:19 PM

I'm not sure what ours are called but there's a tribal character on the knife stand lol

mamamiajk
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:08 AM

My mom and da bought my SO a professional sportsmans set at Gander mountain a few years back and we both love and use it. It even came in it's own case. We also have a couple of knife sharpeners that I regularly do all my knives. It's so simple to do. I've even sharpened friends knives. They told me I should go into business because I guess it's outrageous $ to have them done by a pro. Hey...I'm a pro. My grandpa gave me a sharpener he'd had for years decades ago and I still have fond memories of him every time I use it.

lkane81
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:52 AM
I have one knife I will not get rid of but badly needs sharpened. I have a sharpener but I don't like it it just doesn't sharpen. I know when I get a new set I wait a sharpening bar and honing rod.

Quoting mamamiajk:

My mom and da bought my SO a professional sportsmans set at Gander mountain a few years back and we both love and use it. It even came in it's own case. We also have a couple of knife sharpeners that I regularly do all my knives. It's so simple to do. I've even sharpened friends knives. They told me I should go into business because I guess it's outrageous $ to have them done by a pro. Hey...I'm a pro. My grandpa gave me a sharpener he'd had for years decades ago and I still have fond memories of him every time I use it.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM
I also have a set of stainless steel. The handles and blades are all one puece. I love them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement