Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you eat cornbread...

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:48 PM
  • 32 Replies

Is it southern(all cornmeal) or do you prefer it to be a mix or cornmeal and flour?

Though I'm a southern girl, I've never liked traditional southern cornbread, I prefer it mixed and a little sweeter than southern, not Jiffy sweet though lol. What about you?

by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:04 PM
I like it sweet but I have never made plain cornbread on my own . I make jalapeño cheese cornbread occasionally.

My grandmother makes the cornbread I dont know what she puts in it she also makes hot water cornbread. My son use to ask for cornbread for breakfast.
LokisMama
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I use cornmeal and flour, because I follow the recipe on the back of the cornmeal tin. 

I haven't actually tried to make it with just cornmeal.

AlleyCat08
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I like a mix of the two. I also like to add whole corn and some extra cheese.
AlleyCat08
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I love cornbread the next day for breakfast... yummy

Quoting DACIA79: I like it sweet but I have never made plain cornbread on my own . I make jalapeño cheese cornbread occasionally.

My grandmother makes the cornbread I dont know what she puts in it she also makes hot water cornbread. My son use to ask for cornbread for breakfast.
terri76
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:23 PM

we do both!! I like my cornbread sweet. so i always add a bit of sugar!

mommy2zbg
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 7:02 AM

I love the jiffy cornbread but I don't make much carnbread because I'm usually the only one eating it and it will waste.

batjmom
by Sarah on May. 5, 2014 at 7:42 AM
I don't eat cornbread but my kids like it jiffy cornbread
virginiamama71
by on May. 5, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I have not ate this is so long. My mother use to fix it only when we ate fried fish.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM

There are a lot of different ways of making cornbread in the South, and elsewhere. I was born in Kentucky, and my ancestory is from Virginia and North Carolina. I like the way my mother taught me and her mother taught her, white cornmeal, a little flour, buttermilk. I also have a great recipe for a sweeter cornbread that I got from a chef at Disney World that is really good also.

RobynS
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Southern--all cornmeal and NO sugar.

Add onions and it's hush puppies. Yum!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)