Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Simple Cooking with Spring Vegetables

Posted by   + Show Post

Sometimes the simplest way to plan a meal is to use what's fresh and in season. During the spring months, grocery stores are full of farm fresh vegetables that are at the peak of flavor. There's a lot to choose from and because most of them are in great abundance, they also come at a good price.

For a simple meal, try planning around any of these springtime seasonal vegetables:

Asparagus - Grilled, in a salad, or in risotto

Cucumber - In sandwiches, in salads, on their own with hummus as a snack

Celery - in soups, with a peanut butter for a protein pick me up

Mushrooms - Stuffed or sauteed

Corn - Roasted on the cob or by the kernel

Avocados - In tacos, as a salad topper, or in an omlette

Moms, how do you plan your meals for the week so that dinner time goes smoothly?

by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:00 AM
Replies (31-37):
thefiregoddess
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM
I tend to wing it. I try to meal plan it gets interrupted by something.

So ive taken to making a list of 25 dinners and I cross it off the list if I've made it.

It's working so far.
splatz
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I try to plan out two weeks at a time. Though we don't usually stick to the exact order for the days. 

TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 12:08 AM
I love cucumbers. They are such an easy veggie to add to a meal. Cheap and takes no time to peel and slice for those quick dinner nights. Goes great with sandwiches
TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM
I usually plan my dinners for the week when I get my work schedule. It depends on when I work on what I have time to cook and also if the kids have any sports or stuff.
TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM
I don't like to use corn as my only veggie cuz it's too starchy. I prefer to replace a pasta with corn and still have another veggie
campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 6:39 AM

I like cooking on the grill during the week.   It is much faster.   Less clean up.  Which saves alot of time. 

aneela
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 11:11 AM

just looking at the photo makes me wanna gobble several items washed and raw lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN