Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

what would you make with: blueberries?

by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 6:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Cinnamon Sugar Waffles with Blueberry Sauce-The Neely's

2 cups all-purpose flour

3 tablespoons sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups whole milk

2 large eggs

6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled

Cinnamon and powdered sugar, for serving

Blueberry Syrup, for serving

Directions

Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and butter. Add the wet mixture to the dry and whisk to combine, being careful not to over mix. Some lumps are good.

Depending on the size of your waffle maker, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of batter into the center of the waffle iron. Close the lid and cook until golden and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.

Blueberry Syrup:

2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed

1/2 cup pure maple syrup

1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest

Add the blueberries, maple syrup and zest to a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break up some of the berries. Simmer for 5 minutes.

Yields: 2 1/2 cups

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Blueberry Vinaigrette

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup blueberry preserves

2 tablespoons maple syrup

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1/4 teaspoon ground mustard

1/8 teaspoon salt

Dash pepper

Mix all ingredients, chill at least 30 minutes. Serve over greens, blueberries and mandarin oranges.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 9:38 AM

My niece asked me to duplicate a cake that she had at a party, but couldn’t get the recipe because the woman who made it was a caterer. After 4 tries, this is the one that got the approval of my family and neighbors.

Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake

1 (18 ¼ oz) lemon cake mix
1 (3 ½ ox) package instant lemon pudding mix
¼ cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
¾ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
1 Tablespoon flour
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350; grease and flour a 10" Bundt pan. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, and sugar. Add the eggs, cream cheese, oil, extracts and water. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl. Add the grated lemon zest and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Gently toss blueberries with flour. Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the greased and floured Bundt pan, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle ½ cup of the blueberries over it, spacing them out evenly. Poke some of the blueberries down into batter, and leave some on top of batter. Repeat this procedure twice, making two more layers of batter and blueberries.

Bake cake in middle of oven for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a wire rack. Mix lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar. While cake is still warm, poke all over with a skewer or toothpick. Pour glaze over warm cake.

Notes: I used Duncan Hines cake Mix. It does not have pudding added. Another glaze can be used. Don’t poke holes in cake. Let cake cool completely. Combine 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice and ½ cup
granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring
until the sugar is dissolved, and remove the pan from the heat. Pour
over cooled cake.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM

This recipe is from a local restaurant called Stonewood. It's scrumptious.

Salmon with Blueberry Sauce

1/2 cup chicken broth, divided
1 teaspoon vinegar
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup fresh blueberries
4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
2 Tablespoons olive oil
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Pour 1/4 cup chicken stock, vinegar, orange juice, and honey into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup of chicken stock, and stir into the simmering sauce. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens and turns clear, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the blueberries, and keep warm over low heat.

Preheat grill or broiler to medium high-heat.
Brush salmon with oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with blueberry sauce.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Blueberry muffins...I'm sure everyone has their favorite recipe.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 9:42 AM

I like to add blueberries to pancakes. Both inside and on top.

happytobeRJsmom
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:02 AM

A pie , parfait, put them on oatmeal, mix them in some vanilla ice cream  or my most absolute favorite way just rinse them and eat.

liss05
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Blueberry Pancakes

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM
blueberry pie
Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Muffins
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement