Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Getting prepared for when baby comes!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hello! My family of 3 is growing into a family of 4 early September. While it still feels really far away, I know its more around the corner than I think. I am not the most "kitchen savvy" person in the world but I would like to have stuff prepared and frozen so it can be popped in the oven for a yummy dinner.

What are some great and easy dishes you prepaired and froze in advance for when baby is born? 

Thank you!!
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
somuchlove4U
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Following. I'm due in September and want to have easy dishes prepared as well.
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM

My baby was born last September I remember fixing lots of different pasta dishes and put them in the freezer.

LMMommy14
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Do they keep well? Not for like a month or anything, but a week or so?

Quoting DACIA79:

My baby was born last September I remember fixing lots of different pasta dishes and put them in the freezer.

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Everything kept well  .I waited until September 1st to start. Connor was born September 16th and when I came home on the 18th everything was fine.

I fixed baked zita, lasagna and spaghetti. I also fixed mac and cheese and Chilli. For everything else I stocked up at Costco for things like frozen pizzas etc...

Quoting LMMommy14:

Quoting DACIA79:

LMMommy14
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I think I might have to borrow my mothers SAMS card lol

Thank you for the great ideas!

Quoting DACIA79:

Everything kept well  .I waited until September 1st to start. Connor was born September 16th and when I came home on the 18th everything was fine.

I fixed baked zita, lasagna and spaghetti. I also fixed mac and cheese and Chilli. For everything else I stocked up at Costco for things like frozen pizzas etc...

Quoting LMMommy14:

Quoting DACIA79:

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 11:42 PM
I was going to suggest pasta dishes too, or crockpot meals
Bonneata
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I am planning in canning soup, spaghetti, chili, pie filling and tomatoes.  I will do lasagna, chicken enchilads, a quiche, stuffed manicotti, cabbage roles,and homemade frozen pizzas. If we somehow get a freezer I am also going to bake several different types of bread and deserts.  I am due in October with baby #2 in and remember how flipping exhausted I was after baby #1. It took me two months be awake awake enough to be what I consider functional. 

LMMommy14
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Your post is making me hungry! Those all sound like great ideas! Especially the desert ideas. Cause lordy knows I can eat me some deserts lol. 

Quoting Bonneata:

I am planning in canning soup, spaghetti, chili, pie filling and tomatoes.  I will do lasagna, chicken enchilads, a quiche, stuffed manicotti, cabbage roles,and homemade frozen pizzas. If we somehow get a freezer I am also going to bake several different types of bread and deserts.  I am due in October with baby #2 in October and remember how flipping exhausted I was after baby #2. It took me two months be awake awake enough to be what I consider functional. 

Sisteract
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Sauces: marinara, pesto to put over pasta.

Enchiladas, fajita fixings, lasagna, soups.

Bonneata
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Hubby just confirmed today the deep freezer is likely. Yippee insta deserts and double dinners for my not in the mood to cook days. This baby is wearing me out and it isn't even born yet.

Quoting LMMommy14:

Your post is making me hungry! Those all sound like great ideas! Especially the desert ideas. Cause lordy knows I can eat me some deserts lol. 

Quoting Bonneata:

I am planning in canning soup, spaghetti, chili, pie filling and tomatoes.  I will do lasagna, chicken enchilads, a quiche, stuffed manicotti, cabbage roles,and homemade frozen pizzas. If we somehow get a freezer I am also going to bake several different types of bread and deserts.  I am due in October with baby #2 in October and remember how flipping exhausted I was after baby #2. It took me two months be awake awake enough to be what I consider functional. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN