Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

what are your favorite foil packet meals?

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 7:17 AM
  • 12 Replies

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f6/44/28/f64428a26e03167b8a2e9ee786675af6.jpg

by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetBabySmell
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 12:29 PM

When I make a foil packet it's for fish. I sprinkle with lemon, season with Tony Cacheres. Then I put a slice of onion and or red bell pepper on the bottom, the lemon slice on top seal it up and bake. If I have a lot, I make a big packet, lining my baking sheet with parchment paper, doing the fish the same way and cover the whole thing with foil before baking. Not as time consuming that way when I have to do a lot of fish.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 22, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

mmmm...sounds good!

Quoting SweetBabySmell:

When I make a foil packet it's for fish. I sprinkle with lemon, season with Tony Cacheres. Then I put a slice of onion and or red bell pepper on the bottom, the lemon slice on top seal it up and bake. If I have a lot, I make a big packet, lining my baking sheet with parchment paper, doing the fish the same way and cover the whole thing with foil before baking. Not as time consuming that way when I have to do a lot of fish.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never done foil packets, the meal in the picture looks delicious though.
terri76
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I love chicken and different veggie foil packs!! We do them a lot! The chicken is always moist and delicious!
Bonneata
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

We like grilled or baked potatoes in a foil packet . Butter/ or margerine, cubed potatoes, bacon bits, salt&pepper and chopped green pepper. BBQ chicken works well in a foil packet as well. Both can be put on the grill or popped in the oven. 

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Those potatoes sound awesome!

Quoting Bonneata:

We like grilled or baked potatoes in a foil packet . Butter/ or margerine, cubed potatoes, bacon bits, salt&pepper and chopped green pepper. BBQ chicken works well in a foil packet as well. Both can be put on the grill or popped in the oven. 

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I like making fish or shrimp in foil packets.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Here's one we like

Mandarin Pork Tenderloin Packets

Cook Time: 14 - 22 minutes Servings: 4

Ingredients

4 sheets (12x18-inches each) Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil

1 pound pork tenderloin, sliced

2 cups broccoli florets

2 cups thinly sliced carrots

1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained

1 medium red bell pepper, cut in strips

2 green onions, sliced

1/4 cup soy sauce

4 teaspoons sesame oil

1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger

Hot cooked rice

Cook

BAKE 18 to 22 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven OR GRILL 14 to 16 minutes in covered grill. Serve with rice and soy sauce.

PREHEAT oven to 450°F or grill to medium-high. CENTER one-fourth of pork slices, broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, red pepper and onions on each sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil. Combine soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger; spoon over pork and vegetables. BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Recipe for Spicy Grilled Shrimp

Cook Time: 4 - 6 minutes

Try something different on the grill today. Follow this recipe to make Spicy Shrimp on the grill in no time.

Ingredients

Reynolds Wrap® Non-stick Aluminum Foil

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

4 teaspoons seafood seasoning

2 teaspoons lemon pepper

1 teaspoon dried basil

4 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined

Cook

1. GRILL uncovered 4 to 6 minutes, turning and basting once with reserved marinade, until shrimp are firm and pink.
  2. REMOVE shrimp from aluminum foil sheet; allow remaining juices to cool before handling foil.
  3. THE REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP: Food won't stick to the grill with Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil: To easily cut slits in non-stick foil, place a sheet of foil over the rack of the cold grill, a broiler pan or cooling rack; cut slits in the openings with a sharp knife. Place the sheet of foil on a preheated grill so foods won't fall through or stick to the grill rack. Clean-up will be a snap.

Prep

1. COMBINE Lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, seafood seasoning, lemon pepper, basil and garlic. Gradually add oil, stirring mixture until thickened. Reserve half of marinade for basting. Add shrimp to remaining marinade; stir to coat evenly. Cover shrimp and refrigerate 30 minutes. Drain shrimp; discard marinade.
  2. HEAT grill to medium-high (400° to 450°F). Cut slits in a sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Non-stick Aluminum Foil. Place on grill rack with non-stick side toward food. Arrange shrimp on top
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM

GRILLED CABBAGE (MY FAVORITE)
Ingredients:

1 head cabbage
4 teaspoons butter ...
4 slices bacon

Spice mix
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Cut cabbage into four wedges.

Place each wedge on a piece of doubled heavy-duty aluminum foil.

Spread cut sides with butter.

Mix spices together in a small container and sprinkle all of the mixture equally over each wedge.

Wrap bacon around each wedge.

Fold foil around cabbage, sealing each wedge tightly.

Grill cabbage, covered, over medium heat for 40 minutes or until the cabbage is tender, turning twice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement