Have you used Five-Spice Powder in stir fry or anything else? I have a stir fry I use it for, love the taste of the spice.
These look marvelous! I must try this soon!
- 2 lbs chicken wings (about 10-12 chicken wings)
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
Sticky Soy Balsamic Reduction Glaze
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup quality balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½-1 teaspoon Sriracha/ Asian hot chili sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients in a freezer bag, add chicken and marinade for 4 hours up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil, parchment paper or nonstick slip mat for easy cleanup. Top baking sheet with baking rack and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain excess marinade from chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Add chicken to a clean freezer bag and add baking powder (makes them extra crispy but you will NOT taste the baking powder). Toss until evenly coated.
- Bake on upper middle rack for 40 minutes. Turn oven to broil and broil for approximately 5 minutes or until crispy, watching closely so they don't burn.. Flip chicken over and broil the other side until crispy.
- Meanwhile, when chicken has been baking 35 minutes, begin glaze. Combine sauce ingredients in large skillet and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until reduced to sticky glaze. The sauce thickens rapidly at the very end, so watch closely so it does not burn.
- Meanwhile, when chicken has been baking 35 minutes, begin glaze. Combine balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in large skillet (NOT SAUCEPAN or it will take much longer to reduce) and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until reduced to a sticky glaze. The sauce thickens rapidly at the very end, so watch closely so it does not burn. Stir in Sriracha to taste.
- Remove chicken from oven and add to large bowl. Add glaze and toss to coat with a spatula until evenly coated.
- Dig in!