Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Banana sandwich?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

If I peel a banana and wrap it in pita bread that is spread with peanut butter will the banana be all black and gross by lunchtime, or is this a reasonable lunch idea for a kid?

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mikesmom65270
by Helen on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM

You could brush it with lemon juice to help keep it from turning dark.  Could you just not peel it and have the kid peel it and put it in the wrap at lunch?  

batjmom
by Sarah on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:46 PM
The banana may not be
Good by lunch ... Try lemon juice to keep it turning.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:50 PM

The greener the banana, the better it will keep.  Don't use a very ripe banana, dip it into lemon-lime soda or brush with lemon juice, and you should be fine.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:59 AM

It will not usually be good by lunchtime. I would send the banana in the peel. Or you could mash the banana, mix with peanut butter and a little lemon juice.

PeachQuean
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I use apple juice to keep the bananas from getting gross in my kids lunches. They take banana and chocolate with wow butter  sandwhiches (I grill them) and they keep warm in a thermos container. Kids love them a lot!. lol 

PrincessAsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:08 PM

I've never had very good luck with whole bananas staying good in lunches without treating them first. If I use them I have to slice them or make smaller chunks and cut the rollup into bite sized pieces then hope for the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN