Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

what would you make that uses: spinach?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:09 AM
  • 36 Replies

Spinach!

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:28 AM

I used ham when making this:

Spinach & Mushroom Frittata

Posted By Mrs.Edge On September 1, 2011 @ 12:29 pm In All Recipes,Eggs

Cooking Time: 15 minutes

Serves: 4

Ingredients and Cooking Steps

• 10 eggs
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 4 tbsp full fat coconut milk
  • 1 cp mushrooms, diced
  • 1 cup of meat of your choice
  • 1/4 cp chopped tomatoes
  • salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, dried parsley

The great thing about this recipe is it doesn’t have to be exact. You can add a couple more eggs, or cut back a few to add more veggies or meat. Almost any veggies or meat will do but I LOVE this particular combination. A frittata is the perfect dish to make with leftovers too! Just skip the sauteing of veggies.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cook spinach in 1/4 cp water in covered pot for 2 minutes, just until wilted, drain & set aside.

In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs & coconut milk. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper & parsley & give a final whisk.

Saute onions & mushrooms in the olive oil & coconut oil over medium heat in an oven proof skillet for 3 minutes. Add garlic & tomatoes & continue to cook for 1-2 more minutes, until onions are translucent. Add cooked spinach to the mix and lightly salt & pepper the mixture.

Add chopped meat of your choice (I used a leftover angus burger but ham, bacon, turkey, pork – anything would be delicious!) About 1 cup is a good amount to use. Mix thoroughly.

Spread mixture even into bottom of skillet. Pour egg mixture over spinach mixture. Use spatula to lift up spinach mixture along sides of pan to let the egg mixture flow underneath.

Cook mixture on stove top on medium heat until about half set, put the skillet in the preheated oven and cook for 13-15 minutes or until puffy & golden.

Finish by placing frittata under the broiler for up to a minute to get a deeper brown color & a bit of crispiness. Be very careful handling the skillet! It’s extremely hot once placed in the oven. Allow to cool before slicing. Makes 4-6 servings.

Article printed from Fast Paleo: http://fastpaleo.com

URL to article: http://fastpaleo.com/spinach-mushroom-frittata/

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:29 AM

Sweet Potato and Spinach Hash with Eggs

• 1 c. onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 lb. bacon, diced
  • 4 c. diced sweet potatoes, uncooked
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 10 oz. chopped fresh or frozen (thawed) spinach
  • 4 large eggs

Cook bacon with onions and garlic until bacon is cooked but not crispy.  Add sweet potatoes and seasonings.  Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.  Add spinach and cook until just wilted.  Place hash in a baking dish and make 4 wells with a wooden spoon.  Break an egg into each well.  Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper.

Bake at 350° until eggs are cooked to desired level.

NOTE:  I have doubled the recipe and used 12 eggs in two baking dishes.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Here is another favorite of ours.

Crustless Spinach Quiche

Combine spinach, cottage cheese, mozzarella, bacon or ham, green onions, mushrooms, and eggs in a large bowl.  Mix well.  Pour into a greased 9-inch pie dish.  Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the spinach mixture.  Sprinkle with black olives if desired.

Bake at 350° for 45 to 60 minutes, until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Candied Pecans

• 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 1 1/2 c. pecan halves
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 lb. fresh spinach
  • 2 c. thinly sliced celery
  • 1 pint strawberries, hulled & halved

Dressing:

• 2/3 c. white vinegar
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. dry mustard
  • 2 c. vegetable oil
  • 3 Tbsp. poppy seeds

Combine vinegar, sugar, onions, salt and mustard in blender. Cover and process until smooth. Keep blender running and slowly add oil in a small steady stream until thick and smooth. Transfer to a bowl; stir in poppy seeds. Keep chilled.

Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pecans and sugar; stir to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar turns golden and coats the pecans. Remove pecans with a slotted spoon to an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet. Let cool.

Remove and discard stems from spinach. Wash and pat dry with paper towels. Tear into bite-sized pieces. Combine spinach, celery, and strawberries in a large bowl. Add 1 cup dressing and toss gently. Add candies pecans and toss again. Serve with remaining dressing.

batjmom
by Sarah on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Strawberry spinach salad
One of my favorites
RINKADINK2257
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I'm  thinking smoothies& pizza.  My ex S.O. used to order pizza& he put spinach on it  it came for LAROSA'S. I actually  like it! Smoothies becauuse you can use green apples,blueberies,strawberries to dis guise the spinach&  there are other ways i'm sure.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I have strawberries and baby spinach in the garden! Sounds good!

Quoting batjmom: Strawberry spinach salad
One of my favorites
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Smoothies sound yummy!

Quoting RINKADINK2257:

I'm  thinking smoothies& pizza.  My ex S.O. used to order pizza& he put spinach on it  it came for LAROSA'S. I actually  like it! Smoothies becauuse you can use green apples,blueberies,strawberries to dis guise the spinach&  there are other ways i'm sure.

SpiritedWitch
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I like salads with baby spinach. Maybe toss a littlein a stir fry at the last minute. 

I can't stand it cooked.

billysangel
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Chicken, Artichoke, Spinach and Bacon Dip

Ingredients:

1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained

1 (5 oz) can chunk chicken, drained

1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, chopped

4-6 strips cooked crisp bacon, coarsely chopped

1/2 cup Mayonnaise- (I use Kraft with olive oil)

1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

2 oz Neufchatel cheese, cut into cubes

2 tbs milk, or a tad more for taste

1-2 large cloves of garlic, minced ***VERY IMPORTANT TO USE FRESH GARLIC***

1 cup sweet onion, coarsely chopped

2 slices swiss cheese, cut into strips

ground pepper and salt for taste

red pepper flakes to taste

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat your oven to 350º F

2. Blend artichoke hearts, chicken, spinach, bacon, mayo, mozzarella cheese, neufchatel cheese, milk, garlic, onion, swiss cheese, pepper, salt and red pepper flakes in a blender or food processor until all is blended together; spread into a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.

3. Bake until browned and bubbling on top, usually around 30-40 minutes.

Serve with Pita chips or Ritz crackers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN