Easy Weeknight Meals Challenge Day 3: Chicken
Welcome to Day 3 of the Easy Weeknight Meals Challenge! Each day we'll give you tasty new recipe to go along with a new food theme!
Here is an easy recipe to try for today's theme: Chicken
Recipe Name: Easy Curry Chicken
Recipe Description: This flavorful chicken dinner is easy when you make it in the slow cooker.
Ingredients and Procedures:
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Slow Cook: 4 hours (HIGH) or 8 hours (LOW)
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups coarsely chopped carrots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (optional)
1. LINE a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
2. ADD broth, chicken, cauliflower, carrots, onion, curry powder, ginger, and garlic to the prepared slow cooker. Stir gently with a rubber spatula to combine.
3. COVER and cook for 4 hours on high or for 8 hours on low.
4. STIR in coconut milk and peas. Cover and cook about 10 minutes more or until heated through.
5. TOP with cilantro to serve. If desired, serve with hot cooked rice.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP:
Prep this flavorful curry dish before heading out the door in the morning and a delicious dinner will be ready when you get home. To clean up, simply toss the slow cooker liner and enjoy your evening.
- Number of Servings: 8
- Nutrition Facts (per serving) : 137 cal., 5 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 56 mg chol., 483 mg sodium, 11 g carb., 3 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 14 g pro.
- Daily Values: 114% vit. A, 35% vit. C, 4% calcium, 8% iron
Do you eat chicken for dinner frequently? What are some of the chicken dishes you make the most? Share your easy chicken recipes!
Each mom who participates in all 5 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express® gift card.