Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Funfetti Cookies !

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hey everyone.  I have a very good recipe that I came up myself.  Its a delcious made from scratch cookie recipe that kids love and its SO easy to make! Here's what you need:

1 box of Funfetti cupcake/cake mix

1/4 cup of butter melted (usually 1/2 a stick)

2 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 cup water

1 egg

about 1 full cup of white chocolate chips

All you do is melt the butter & combine the cake mix, butter, water, and the egg with an electric mixer on medium speed till its all blended and looks like cookie dough.  Last, stir in the chocolate chips.  Line baking sheets with nonstick aluminum foil (easy clean up) and this batch makes about 2 dozen cookies.  However you can probably get 2 1/2 dozen if you make the cookies a little smaller but I like mine kind of on the big side.  So roll them into balls and push them down before putting them in the oven.  Bake at 350 for 8 minutes and let cool for a good 10 minutes or so, so that they can finish cooking in themselves.

You can also change the type of chocolate chips and cake mix you use.  For example, you can use devils food cake mx with mint chips and get chocolate mint cookies.  So delicious.  Enjoy!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:43 PM

made from scratch?  It's made from a cake mix.

I bet it tastes good.

cperry4
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:57 PM

BUMP!

mikesmom65270
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:02 PM

This sounds good and easy.  

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:23 PM

for some reason I never have luck with making cookies with a cake mix

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:54 PM

I wouldn't call this a made from scratch recipe, that would indicate you started with flour, sugar, baking powder, etc. But you could call it a semi-homemade maybe. I've made cakemix cookies before, and they're good. Haven't used funfetti cake mix, but I bet kids would like it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)