Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

July 25 - what's cooking today?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:05 AM
  • 13 Replies

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I dunno...I'm going on strike in protest of a family that won't lift a finger around the house to help out.  I work more hours than my DH!  Long story....

I had planned a crockpot beef roast, but nobody (DH, 3 teens) will wash the crockpot, and DH has told me 2 nights in a row that he'll take care of dishes.  So, no crockpot = no dinner.  I'll pick up my dinner on my way home from work and they can fend for themselves.

michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL  I told DD that she would have to figure out dinner since I didn't have a clean crockpot to cook in.....guess what was cleaned by the time I got out of the shower this morning????

Beef roast it is.  Not sure on the sides, probably potatoes and gravy and salad (lotsa salad stuff in the garden!).  Oh, and fried zucchini!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I dunno...I'm going on strike in protest of a family that won't lift a finger around the house to help out.  I work more hours than my DH!  Long story....

I had planned a crockpot beef roast, but nobody (DH, 3 teens) will wash the crockpot, and DH has told me 2 nights in a row that he'll take care of dishes.  So, no crockpot = no dinner.  I'll pick up my dinner on my way home from work and they can fend for themselves.

smartladybug
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Haven't decided yet.

smartladybug
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Sounds good. I love fried zucchini!

Quoting michiganmom116:

LOL  I told DD that she would have to figure out dinner since I didn't have a clean crockpot to cook in.....guess what was cleaned by the time I got out of the shower this morning????

Beef roast it is.  Not sure on the sides, probably potatoes and gravy and salad (lotsa salad stuff in the garden!).  Oh, and fried zucchini!

Quoting michiganmom116:

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:05 PM

LOL...love it!  Isn't it amazing how things are done when Mom goes on a rampage (not saying you did, but it happens here)

what type of potatoes do you use?  Is one potato better than another as far as for diabetics?  Or are they just basically the same except for the sweet potato

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting michiganmom116:

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:07 PM
sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:07 PM

breakfast was yogurt prior to my 6 mile walk, then oatmeal with peaches

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Well you sure got results with that! lol I love it.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting michiganmom116:

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Swiss steak, mashed potatoes and peas.

michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Yes, I did!  LOL  DD is also doing laundry tonight, and DS swept the siding on the house to get the spider webs, dirt, grass, etc. off it.  DH is in a more pleasant mood, too!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Well you sure got results with that! lol I love it.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)