• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My New Electronic Pressure Cooker and how it is simplifying my life!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi,

I am a busy working mom, who isn't right! ? whether you stay at home or you work outside your home.

I recently bought an electronic pressure cooker off Home Shopping Network on flex pay and I love it. Its practically replaced my crock pot.

No more getting up and forgettting to put something in the crock pot before leaving for work or not having enough time. I can cook anything in the pressure cooker in less time than the crock pot and use all my same recipes! 

I can come home and cook a nice pot of beans with ham or a whole chicken in less than hour. I can make sticky rice to go with my stirfrys in 12 minutes  and have dinner on the table quickly.

I have saved money because I can buy rice in the bag instead of the box rice. The whole chickens are cheaper to purchase than the strips of chicken or chicken breast and usually I can get 2 for under 10.00 bucks. thats 2 meals for our family.

Just thought I would share my story for those who are looking for practical ways of getting a healthy dinner on the table quickly with less prep and easy clean up!

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Electric?  As in it plugs into a wall outlet?  Where did you find it?

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:10 AM
We have the Cuisinart electric pressure cooker.

Usually they are a 100 bucks and up but if you start looking now they are probably on sale.

Quoting michiganmom116:

frankiesma530
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I love my crockpot but this sounds awesome, too! 

smartladybug
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:14 AM

HOME SHOPPING Network and yes it plugs into the wall.

Quoting DACIA79: We have the Cuisinart electric pressure cooker. Usually they are a 100 bucks and up but if you start looking now they are probably on sale.
Quoting michiganmom116:

smartladybug
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM

it was on sale for 99.99 plus tax and I bought it on flexpay.

Quoting smartladybug:

HOME SHOPPING Network and yes it plugs into the wall.

Quoting DACIA79: We have the Cuisinart electric pressure cooker. Usually they are a 100 bucks and up but if you start looking now they are probably on sale.
Quoting michiganmom116:

chasinrainbows
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM
I watched that info commercial and have been wanting one! I read online they could also be found at Walmart.
mikesmom65270
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like a good idea!  I used to use a pressure cooker when I had a gas range but I've been too chicken to try it on the electric stove we have now because it's harder to control.  I would love a large one, canner size, like this so I could can low-acid foods.  I'm sure if they had a larger one, the price would be much larger as well.

smartladybug
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:29 PM

The one i have is a 10 Quart Electronic Pressure cooker,, we had bought a stove one, but I was really scared to use it frankly. So when I saw this one i bought it immediately.

Quoting mikesmom65270:

That sounds like a good idea!  I used to use a pressure cooker when I had a gas range but I've been too chicken to try it on the electric stove we have now because it's harder to control.  I would love a large one, canner size, like this so I could can low-acid foods.  I'm sure if they had a larger one, the price would be much larger as well.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:48 PM

I have a friend who has an electric pressure cooker and she loves it. I use to have a regular pressure cooker, and it was great for cooking tougher cuts of meat and making them tender.  I don't think it would replace a slow cooker, but still could be helpful. In a pressure cooker, it's easy for vegetables to overcook before the meat gets done if you put them in at the same time, and a bit of a process if adding them later, not like in a slow cooker. I also remember food sometimes sticking in the pressure cooker, maybe this would be better in an electric one, not sure.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM

What have you cooked in it?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)