Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Kitchen Tip 07/26/2014

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:10 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'll have to try this, looks like a good idea!

Peel a whole head of garlic by shaking it really hard.

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:15 AM

wow

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I tired this and it didn't work for me.....guess I didn't shake hard enough

AlleyCat08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I cheat, I buy it already pealed in a huge bag. I also get it in jars that are minced and chopped. I pay more, less work.
mikesmom65270
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:44 PM

I haven't seen it already peeled, but I haven't looked for it either.  I don't like the minced in the jar, flavor is sometimes lacking.  I haven't tried this tip, I use the flat blade of a large knife to smash and peel individual cloves, but this would be handy if I needed an entire head of garlic.  We take garlic very seriously at our house!

Quoting AlleyCat08: I cheat, I buy it already pealed in a huge bag. I also get it in jars that are minced and chopped. I pay more, less work.

AlleyCat08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:37 AM
So do we. The pre peeled kind comes in a resealable bag with individual packs of 5 or 6 cloves in them.

Quoting mikesmom65270:

I haven't seen it already peeled, but I haven't looked for it either.  I don't like the minced in the jar, flavor is sometimes lacking.  I haven't tried this tip, I use the flat blade of a large knife to smash and peel individual cloves, but this would be handy if I needed an entire head of garlic.  We take garlic very seriously at our house!

Quoting AlleyCat08: I cheat, I buy it already pealed in a huge bag. I also get it in jars that are minced and chopped. I pay more, less work.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:28 AM

This needs a man's strength, and you really have to work at it. I never use a whole head at once. I  only use a few cloves at a time, keeping the rest fresh and flavorful till I need them, so this wouldnt really for for my needs.

batjmom
by Sarah on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:40 AM
I never use an entire head at one time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement