Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Oven-Baked Fried Chicken

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:46 AM
  • 6 Replies

Oven-Baked Fried Chicken

posted by The Stir Bloggers 

oven baked fried chicken recipe

My husband loves, loves, LOVES fried chicken! As for me, I like eating it but want nothing to do with the messy pans and splattered grease all over my kitchen, to say nothing of the calories that come with deep frying.

This oven-made fried chicken recipe would make us both happy ... it uses boneless, skinless breasts, and instead of frying, it cooks in the oven in a bit of butter for maximum flavor and minimum fat! However, it boasts a crispy, flavorful coating just like the classic preparation. Best of all, it uses a disposable pan, so you can take it to a picnic or potluck or just toss the whole thing when you're done. This would be a great homemade alternative for nugget-loving kids, too.

Oven-Baked Fried Chicken

Prep Time: 25 minutes     Cook Time: 40 minutes     Makes: 2-4 Servings

This lightened up version of a classic favorite is easy and delicious. Crispy, moist, flavorful, and best of all, healthy! This no-fail recipe also becomes a meal on-the-go, using Bakeware Pans. Focus on enjoying a family favorite instead of worrying about cleanup!

Ingredients:

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts

3 cups whole milk

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon paprika

1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 stick butter, melted

1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (optional)

Prep:

1. CUT chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, to create 4 even portions.
  2. PLACE chicken in a large bowl and marinate in milk for about 20 minutes.
  3. MIX together flour, paprika, all-purpose spice, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
  4. PREHEAT oven to 400ºF.
  5. MELT butter and pour into 9x13 Reynolds® Bakeware Pan, coating the bottom of the pan.
  6. DIP each chicken breast, one at a time, in the flour mixture. Coat both sides liberally. Place in pan.
  7. REPEAT with all 4 chicken breasts, making sure there is a small amount of room between each breast in the pan. This will allow them to crisp while baking.

Cook:

1. BAKE at 400ºF for 35-40 minutes (or until the breading is golden brown and the juices run clear), flipping each breast after 20 minutes. 
  2. REMOVE from oven and transfer to a serving dish or serve directly from your Reynolds® Bakeware Pan! Garnish with parsley if desired. Enjoy!

REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP: Spend more time enjoying this mouth-watering, crispy chicken and less time worrying about a messy dish to clean up later! Making any dressed up meals in a Bakeware Pan will allow you to take it on the go so that there’s little-to-no cleanup when you’re done. Just bake your meal and enjoy time with your family and friends -- no worrying required!

Moms, how do you put a healthy spin on an old favorite?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:00 AM

I've tried other oven baked fried chicken, but always used breadcrumbs. This sounds interesting. I sure do like the idea of no cleanup.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 31, 2014 at 6:20 AM

What is all-purpose seasoning?

batjmom
by Sarah on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I usually use panko for oven baked chicken.

Using fresh ingredients vs processed
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:29 PM

A seasonings mixture, that can be use in most dishes. Nothing is over-powering, just adds a gentle seasoning. Here's one version to make yourself.

All purpose Seasoning

1 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon red pepper
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon chili powder

Combine all ingredients; store in an airtight container. Use with seafood, chicken, beef, or vegetables.

Quoting michiganmom116:

What is all-purpose seasoning?

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Sounds good....I always bake my chicken tenders...never fried!
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:43 PM

I made this tonight, but I used bone-in chicken thighs. It was really good. I liked it better than using breadcrumbs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement