My husband loves, loves, LOVES fried chicken! As for me, I like eating it but want nothing to do with the messy pans and splattered grease all over my kitchen, to say nothing of the calories that come with deep frying.
This oven-made fried chicken recipe would make us both happy ... it uses boneless, skinless breasts, and instead of frying, it cooks in the oven in a bit of butter for maximum flavor and minimum fat! However, it boasts a crispy, flavorful coating just like the classic preparation. Best of all, it uses a disposable pan, so you can take it to a picnic or potluck or just toss the whole thing when you're done. This would be a great homemade alternative for nugget-loving kids, too.
Oven-Baked Fried Chicken
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Makes: 2-4 Servings
This lightened up version of a classic favorite is easy and delicious. Crispy, moist, flavorful, and best of all, healthy! This no-fail recipe also becomes a meal on-the-go, using Bakeware Pans. Focus on enjoying a family favorite instead of worrying about cleanup!
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cups whole milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (optional)
- CUT chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, to create 4 even portions.
- PLACE chicken in a large bowl and marinate in milk for about 20 minutes.
- MIX together flour, paprika, all-purpose spice, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- PREHEAT oven to 400ºF.
- MELT butter and pour into 9x13 Reynolds® Bakeware Pan, coating the bottom of the pan.
- DIP each chicken breast, one at a time, in the flour mixture. Coat both sides liberally. Place in pan.
- REPEAT with all 4 chicken breasts, making sure there is a small amount of room between each breast in the pan. This will allow them to crisp while baking.
- BAKE at 400ºF for 35-40 minutes (or until the breading is golden brown and the juices run clear), flipping each breast after 20 minutes.
- REMOVE from oven and transfer to a serving dish or serve directly from your Reynolds® Bakeware Pan! Garnish with parsley if desired. Enjoy!
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP: Spend more time enjoying this mouth-watering, crispy chicken and less time worrying about a messy dish to clean up later! Making any dressed up meals in a Bakeware Pan will allow you to take it on the go so that there’s little-to-no cleanup when you’re done. Just bake your meal and enjoy time with your family and friends -- no worrying required!
Moms, how do you put a healthy spin on an old favorite?