Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you cook on vacation?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do you rent a cabin or condo or make sure your hotel room has at least a microwave and refrigerator for some quick cooking? Or do you eat all meals out?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:31 PM

what's a vacation?  LOL  We haven't had one in 13 years.

We picked hotels that served breakfast, then usually ate out.  We used the mini fridge and microwave to store and prepare snacks and drinks.

brownhoney21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM

This is what I try to do.

Quoting michiganmom116:

what's a vacation?  LOL  We haven't had one in 13 years.

We picked hotels that served breakfast, then usually ate out.  We used the mini fridge and microwave to store and prepare snacks and drinks.

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:31 PM

no cooking on vacation for me!!

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I like having an efficiency or at least microwave and refrigerator. If there's no blender, I bring one with us for smoothies for breakfast. And doggie bags from restaurants are great for later warmups. I don't really do any true cooking though.

batjmom
by Sarah on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:49 AM
We usually do all inclusive vacations so no cooking or cleaning up!
sickofdrama
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Due to having a stepson, we only stay in timeshares or rent houses, for the extra space and privacy, so yes, we cook. 

If it's just the 2 of us, it depends on how long we're away. (honestly, never more than 3 days, since the kid is with us ever single Thu-Sun.) But if it's possible, we get a kitchen or kitchenette, even if we don't use it much, just for the drinks, breakfast and snacks. 

Saves time, money and more convenient.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:18 PM

We plan on spending lots of time doing stuff so cooking is not likely.  If the kids or parents get sick from too much gooey unusual food, we find a place to get some carry-out soup.  Room Service sucks!

PrincessAsmommy
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:53 AM

It depends on where we are, how long we're going to be there and where we're staying.  The couple times we've gone on vacation we've either gone camping (so we cooked) or we stayed in a cabin and did our own cooking. When we're travelling and have to spend a night or 2 in a hotel then we tend to look for places that provide breakfast and have a mini fridge. This way we can have sandwiches and cereal and stuff like that and not have to eat out too often.

newwifenmom
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:24 PM
If I can get a kitchen then yes but usually we don't and I can't cook :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)