Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Do you like them?

What about your kids?

How do you make them and what cheese melts the best?

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:14 AM
Replies (11-18):
mommy2zbg
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:42 AM

I heard velveeta melts easier... Is this true?

Quoting mikesmom65270:

We all love them!  I usually use Velveeta.

Shelly126
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM
We all love grilled cheese. For the kids it's just wheat bread and American cheese. For DH and I, we get more creative sometimes, deli sliced mozzarella with tomatoes, American or cheddar with bacon or ham, gruyere cheese and caramelized onions sometimes I also like horseradish cheddar for a little extra bite. We also like to change the bread, rye and sourdough are favorites.
heydooney
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Love them. First I sauté onions in butter until they're brown. I use the "everything" topped french bread from the bakery. Liberally butter the bread, and use 2 slices of cheese, layering the onions between the cheese. I usually use the Kroger store brand sliced cheese because it melts just fine. Unless a better brand is on sale. I like pepperjack and sharp cheddar.
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM
I love them only one of my boys like grilled cheese.
Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Yea we love grilled cheese! My kids do too! My 2 yr old calls them "hot cheese"
mikesmom65270
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM

It melts the best of anything, nice and gooey!  I do sometimes use pepper jack cheese or cheese but they don' melt as well.  

Quoting mommy2zbg:

I heard velveeta melts easier... Is this true?

Quoting mikesmom65270:

We all love them!  I usually use Velveeta.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 6:39 PM

We love them with cheddar, provolone, American... and sometimes turkey bacon

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:24 PM

I like to make them with a sturdy sourdough bread, buttered and both slices placed on a grill pan, sliced sharp cheddar cheese on top of each and add tomato or bacon or ham or turkey then added to one side. Cook till golden brown. Place one side on top of the other. Sometimes I use other bread and other cheese. Dh loves Swiss with ham or Mozzarella with tomato and basil or spinach.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement