Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chocolate Bar Dessert Recipes? Help!!!

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

We have A TON of Hershey Chocolate bars leftover from a recent camping trip (mil bought them in bulk at SAMS and then consequently gave them to us afterwards because "they dont eat chocolate."

*sigh* God love that woman but I think she's after to make me fat. lol j/k

anyway we cant possibly eat all t hese chocolate bars. Seriously, on the rare occasion that we DO buy a chocolate bar it literally lasts for months, now imagine a case of them!!

So I'm going to a party soon and figured I would use up these chocolate bars in like a dessert of some sort? But I cant find any dessert's where choclate bars are the ingredients! 

Any ideas? I'd love to get these out of my freezer!! I know, I know, first world problems lol

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Go to Pinterest.com you wont be disappointed.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:25 PM

HERSHEY BAR PIE

Serves: 6
Effort: easy

Ingredients:
6 almond Hershey bar (this is a 6 pack of the 1.55 oz. Size bars)
1/2 cup milk
20 large marshmallows
1 8 0z. Cool whip
1 baked pastry pie shell

Pie shell:
1-1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
5 tablespoon cold water
Mix dry ing. Work in shortening until resembles crumbs. Work in cold water. Roll out thin on floured surface. Put in pie pan. If using as a single baked pie shell, prick bottom & sides with a fork.
Bake 450 15-20 minutes.

Instructions:
Melt Hershey bars, milk, & marshmallow in microwave.
Microwaving 2 min. then stirring. Microwave an additional 1 min. & stirring until completely melted.
Set aside: COOL COMPLETELY!!!!
Add cool whip, gently mixing. Pour into baked pie shell & refrigerate.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Hershey bar hot chocolate
(only 2 ingredients!)

pour milk in a saucepan and heat, put in a broken up Hershey bar, stir and heat slowly until blended. I use a hand elec blender right over the stove. I think it is 1 mug of milk to 1 of the regular size bars. You can use more or less to taste!

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:30 PM

My sons did this when they were in Boy Scouts years ago.

Pull back one section of a banana peel. Cut a slit in the banana all the way through to the bottom peal--DO NOT CUT THE BOTTOM PEEL. Stuff the slit in the banana full of broken Hershey bar and miniature marshmellows. Wrap in wax paper and heat in the microwave for about 1 minute until the chocolate and marshmellows are melted. Check a few times until you know how long it will take your microwave to melt them. What you can also do is if you use the oven for supper, you can have the "Banana Boats" ready to go--in this case wrap them in foil--and after you remove supper from the oven,  shut off the oven and put in the bananas. They will be ready by the time you are ready for dessert.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Taste of Heaven Angel Cake

1 angel food cake (homemade, mix, or store bought), sliced into 3 horizontal layers.

6 Hershey with almonds candy bars, chopped
24 regular sized marshmallows
2/3 Cup milk
1 large container Cool Whip, divided

Melt candy bars and marshmallows in a pan with the milk. Stir until everything is melted. Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup of the Cool Whip.
Pour this mixture over each layer of cake as you re-stack them. Pous some over the top, making sure to fill in the "hole" of the cake. REfrigerate for this to "set up". Before serving, frost entire cake with the remaining Cool Whip.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:33 PM
HERSHEY BAR COOKIES  
1 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
2 egg yolks or 1 egg
1 c. flour
1 c. oatmeal
6 sm. Hershey bars
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. finely chopped walnuts

Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs; add flour and oatmeal. Spread in a greased and floured pan (13 x 9 inch). Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. When cooled - melt Hershey bars and butter in top of double boiler or microwave. Spread over base and sprinkle with nuts.
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Hershey Candy Bar Frosting

8 oz cream cheese

1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup confectioners' sugar

2 large chocolate bar (or with almonds - chopped)

½ cup chopped pecan nuts

12 oz cool whip (a brand of whipped cream)

Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth then add and mix 1C powdered sugar.

Add chopped chocolate bars (reserving some to sprinkle over top of finished cake) and then mix in the cool whip.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:42 PM

S'mores Cereal Squares Recipe

S'mores Cereal Squares 

Skill Level: Intermediate Prep Time: 6 Minutes

Ingredients

1/3 cup light corn syrup

4 (1.55 oz. each) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bar, broken into pieces

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

3-1/2 cups (1.55 oz. each) honey graham cereal

1 cup miniature marshmallows

Butter 8-inch square pan.

1. Cook syrup to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat or place in large microwave-safe bowl and microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute or to boiling. Remove from heat or microwave oven; add chocolate pieces and vanilla, stirring until chocolate is melted. Gradually fold in cereal until coated with chocolate. Fold in marshmallows.
  2. Press mixture into prepared pan; refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares. Cover; refrigerate leftover squares to retain crispness. 24 squares.
sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)