Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Kitchen Tip 08/22/2014

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

Microwave Cleaning Shortcuts    2. The quickest way to clean a microwave oven is to place a handful of wet paper towels inside and run it on High for 3-5 minutes. You don't need a science lesson to know that the steam from the towels will soften the grime. Once the paper towels cool down, use them to wipe the oven's interior.

Microwave Cleaning Shortcuts 2. The quickest way to clean a microwave oven is to place a handful of wet paper towels inside and run it on High for 3-5 minutes. You don't need a science lesson to know that the steam from the towels will soften the grime. Once the paper towels cool down, use them to wipe the oven's interior.

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:21 AM

I use a clean washcloth and do the same thing!  It WORKS!

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:57 AM
I should actually do this today!☺
sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I boil a bowl full of vinegar and water in the microwave for 5 minutes....once done I allow it to sit in there for a bit then wipe up

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:01 PM

When I heat up a cup of water for tea, the steam softens anything and  I then just use a sponge to wipe up. Better yet, teach everyone to cover anything they put in the microwave...problem solved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement