Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

HELP!! I'm in desperate need of a kid friendly supper tonight...

Posted by   + Show Post
I think I'm going to literally give myself a headache. I've got my 3 nephews 13, 11,6 and niece, 9 coming for the weekend and then I'll have my 3 dd's 14,12,10 and my gd, 4. Before you offer suggestions let me say this; I've cooked EVERYTHING! I mean, literally! I made 2 diff kinds of chicken dishes, spaghetti, chili, tacos, hamburgers and hotdogs, pizza, pork chops, breakfast for supper, ham with scallop pot, corn, gr beans. Meatloaf comes to mind and also sloppy joes. Anyone have other suggestions?
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Replies (11-13):
billysangel
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:07 PM
My youngest dd doesn't like sloppy joes but she like tacos. So, one day I had leftover taco meat and put it on a bun and called it sloppy Jose. It's been a hit ever since.

Quoting sweetheart4171:

sloppy jose...lol! 

sloppy joes always go over well with the kiddos!!

Quoting billysangel: I settled on sloppy joes and sloppy jose (left over taco meat) I'm too tired for making a big supper. Thank you for everyone's suggestions.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Taco cups or BBQ cups.

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

isn't it amazing how kids think??!  Just us moms have to be creative thinkers....good job!!

Quoting billysangel: My youngest dd doesn't like sloppy joes but she like tacos. So, one day I had leftover taco meat and put it on a bun and called it sloppy Jose. It's been a hit ever since.
Quoting sweetheart4171:

sloppy jose...lol! 

sloppy joes always go over well with the kiddos!!

Quoting billysangel: I settled on sloppy joes and sloppy jose (left over taco meat) I'm too tired for making a big supper. Thank you for everyone's suggestions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN