Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Guess who's coming to dinner? A vegetarian.

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:05 AM
  • 16 Replies

What would you serve if you have invited a group of people for dinner, and one is a vegetarian?

by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Doodle
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:07 AM

http://www.acouplecooks.com/2011/02/vegetable-tamale-pies/

I've made this a few times in casserole form and it is really good.

mikesmom65270
by Helen on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:23 PM

We often eat meatless meals, so that wouldn't be a problem.  I could do a pasta dish we like with mushrooms, pinto beans, onions, herbs and olive oil, add a salad and some garlic bread.  I could also do cheese ravioli with tomatoes onions and black olive, along with bread and salad.  There are many good vegetarian dishes out there that are okay for meat eaters.  If I was worried about some people missing meat, I could also have a meat entree available.  I worked at a 7th Day Adventist hospital for a time and they also had two entress, meat and vegetarian.

Dzyre1115
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Eggplant Parmesan with a side of linguine. I would also include a side of meatballs as well.
PrincessAsmommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I'd find out just how strict their diet is and if there's any meat that they will eat.  I don't mind having lots of veggie and alternate proteins on the table so if they are completely meat and dairy free I can find something that would compliment the rest of the meal.

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Eggplant Parm or Vegetarian lasagna.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:50 PM

The vegetarian that comes to our house regularly eats eggs and dairy, so maybe a frittata with plenty of veggies, and a tossed salad. 

Taco salad, and take hers out before we add the meat.

If we have a BBQ, I'll be sure to include deviled eggs along with the grilled veggies.

batjmom
by Sarah on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:48 AM
Angel hair pasta with grilled vegetable
Parmesan
Cracked black pepper
Alieda
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM
When Jeff eats with us I often fix Baked Pecan French Toast , fry potatoes , or spaghetti with tomato sauce on the side I have a bowl of brown ground sausage
DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Why is only one person a vegetarian? 

aimesnyc
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Veggie Lasagna with garlic bread.  Assuming they eat cheese.  Otherwise I can do a tofu and veggie stir fry over rice with stir fry green beans on the side.  The possibilities are endless!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN