Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do YOU make French toast?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:30 AM
  • 9 Replies

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mikesmom65270
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I mix eggs and milk, then dip the bread and fry.  DH likes vanilla in his, but I don't like sweet French toast.  I also eat mine with salt and pepper, no syrup or powdered sugar.

campingmomof4
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.   Dip raisin bread or italian bread in the mixure.  Fry it on my skillet.   We use syrup or jam for the topping. 

NeonGirl9583
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Toast bread with butter. Toast it in the toaster. When butter melted I put sugar and cinnamon on it.
angelachristine
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I get texas toast bread and dip it in milk and egg and fry it on a lightly buttered pan.
sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM

I found this recipe on the net and will never go back to the ol' egg and milk dip

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
  3. Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated.
  4. Cook bread on each side until golden brown.
  5. Serve hot.
balagan_imma
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I mix eggs and milk or cream, and try to remember the vanilla. Slice and soak challah and either bake or fy.

PrincessAsmommy
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM

If it's just everyday style I mix the egg and milk then dredge the bread and fry. On special occassions I've also added vanilla or cinnamon and sugar and once I tried some cocoa powder but that didn't work too well. Usually we just dress them up at the table with whatever strikes our fancy. I want to try stuffed french toast some time.

Alieda
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM
I make it one of two ways simple quick way. Beat eggs add milk whip ,add vanilla and cinnamon. Dip bread in mixture and fry.
I also have a recipes for Baked Caramel Pecan French Toast.
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I dip thick slices of firm bread (if you don't make your own, challah or Texas Toast works well) and dip in a mixture of eggs, milk, a spoon of flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Fry on a grill with a little utter melted on top. We like it served with butter pecan syrup.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)