Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sugar Swap

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:36 PM

hmm....I was always told to use 1/2 the amount of honey or maple syrup as sugar.  

michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:37 PM

thanks!

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:39 PM

does seem like a lot according to the chart because isn't honey and maple syrup sweeter?  more concentrated?

Quoting michiganmom116:

hmm....I was always told to use 1/2 the amount of honey or maple syrup as sugar.  

michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM

They're definitely sweeter....I think the sweetness depends on some different factors.  I use honey right from a local apiary and our maple syrup comes from my uncle's syrup operation.  There's no chance for either to have the flavor "watered down."

Quoting sweetheart4171:

does seem like a lot according to the chart because isn't honey and maple syrup sweeter?  more concentrated?

Quoting michiganmom116:

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I bought maple syrup the other day, and my son asked me why is it "water-ey"....this is vermont maple syrup (so it says) is maple syrup normally thin?

Quoting michiganmom116:

They're definitely sweeter....I think the sweetness depends on some different factors.  I use honey right from a local apiary and our maple syrup comes from my uncle's syrup operation.  There's no chance for either to have the flavor "watered down."

Quoting sweetheart4171:

Quoting michiganmom116:

mikesmom65270
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Thanks for sharing!

michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 6:32 AM

It's not as thick as the pancake syrup sold in stores.  When I said "watered down" I meant the flavor.

Quoting sweetheart4171:

I bought maple syrup the other day, and my son asked me why is it "water-ey"....this is vermont maple syrup (so it says) is maple syrup normally thin?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting sweetheart4171:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)