Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

December 31 - what's for dinner?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:39 AM
  • 16 Replies

Happy New Year Champagne

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:55 AM

finger foods buffet:  deviled eggs, veggie pizza bites, buffalo chicken cheese dip, BBQ wings, pigs in a blanket, chocolate covered cherry cake

I can't wait to get back to NORMAL meals!  LOL

scapermom
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I SO agree with you about getting back to normal meals!

We are going by my sister's. She's doing a cold cut spread, with rolls for sandwiches. Also pigs in a blanket, potato salad and cole slaw. My mom is making cream puffs and brownies for dessert.

I am going shopping in a bit to get ingredients for something to bring. I was going to make shrimp, but that was poo pooed, so I was thinking of doing a buffalo chicken dip with some fresh cut up raw veggies. I made that last year for our annual Puppy Bowl party and they all liked it. You got me thinking about doing deviled eggs as well.

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:23 AM
I have no idea, the kids have been snacking lately more than having meals. Maybe ill bake up some chicken and make some broccoli, ive been eating way too much junk lately too, i cant wait to get over this cough so i can workout again..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:40 AM

That sounds good. Buffalo chicken dip is addictive, and deviled eggs always go over well. What's a Puppy Bowl party?

Quoting scapermom:

We are going by my sister's. She's doing a cold cut spread, with rolls for sandwiches. Also pigs in a blanket, potato salad and cole slaw. My mom is making cream puffs and brownies for dessert.

I am going shopping in a bit to get ingredients for something to bring. I was going to make shrimp, but that was poo pooed, so I was thinking of doing a buffalo chicken dip with some fresh cut up raw veggies. I made that last year for our annual Puppy Bowl party and they all liked it. You got me thinking about doing deviled eggs as well.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I'm with you. I'm ready for regular meals. Hope you soon lose the cough.

Quoting lillucky8: I have no idea, the kids have been snacking lately more than having meals. Maybe ill bake up some chicken and make some broccoli, ive been eating way too much junk lately too, i cant wait to get over this cough so i can workout again..

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks, its just an annoying cough that wont quit, just enough to make working out not fun. It had better leave soon or else lol

Quoting SweetLuci:

I'm with you. I'm ready for regular meals. Hope you soon lose the cough.

Quoting lillucky8: I have no idea, the kids have been snacking lately more than having meals. Maybe ill bake up some chicken and make some broccoli, ive been eating way too much junk lately too, i cant wait to get over this cough so i can workout again..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I think I'll pull something out of the freezer. We were supposed to go to a party tonight, but we just got home from a family funeral, and we're all exhausted. Dh's aunt died on Christmas day, the day before her 89th birthday. We saw her when we flew up  2 weeks ago, so I'm glad of that, and glad we were able to get there again. She had a long and happy life, so that was a comfort.

scapermom
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

The Puppy Bowl is shown on the Animal Planet channel the same day (but earlier) as the Super Bowl. We started doing a fun little get together when it's on when my daughter was little.

They have a bunch of puppies running & playing on a fake football field, along with a referee, animal cheerleaders & a half time show! (one year it was kittens, another bunnies, etc.) It's really cute, plus all the pups are adoptable (usually they're all taken by the time the show airs).

My daughter loves it, and gets really into it. Now they even have printables on the website that you can use for decorations and games, along with menu ideas.

Quoting SweetLuci:

That sounds good. Buffalo chicken dip is addictive, and deviled eggs always go over well. What's a Puppy Bowl party?

Quoting scapermom:

scapermom
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry for your & your husband's loss. Glad you got to see her not too long ago.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I think I'll pull something out of the freezer. We were supposed to go to a party tonight, but we just got home from a family funeral, and we're all exhausted. Dh's aunt died on Christmas day, the day before her 89th birthday. We saw her when we flew up  2 weeks ago, so I'm glad of that, and glad we were able to get there again. She had a long and happy life, so that was a comfort.

Alieda
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Tonight is a regular meal tomorrow not so much.so it's chicken and rice
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)