• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mashed Potatoes ?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

I was looking at Worst Cooks In America. They made mash potatoes cooked in cream and butter. Has anyone here ever made mash potatoes like this ?

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:49 PM

COOKED  in cream and butter or cream and butter added to the potatoes when mashing?

I add cream or milk and butter to mashed potatoes all the time to make them creamier...sometimes I even add cream cheese.

brownhoney21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Yes. I  looked at the show again . They boild the potatoes until thy were just fork tinder cut them in cube ,added cream and butter and cook them a little longer and  than mashed them

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:09 PM
Plain greek yogurt is good too. I haven't seen it lately but when I would add cream cheese, I would sometimes add Philadelphia brand's spinach and artichoke cream cheese. That was good too.

Quoting michiganmom116:

COOKED  in cream and butter or cream and butter added to the potatoes when mashing?

I add cream or milk and butter to mashed potatoes all the time to make them creamier...sometimes I even add cream cheese.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:10 PM

It's Anne Burrell's recipe...bound to be good!

Quoting brownhoney21:

Yes. I  looked at the show again . They boild the potatoes until thy were just fork tinder cut them in cube ,added cream and butter and cook them a little longer and  than mashed them

michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:15 PM

I use cream cheese due to lower carb count.  I bet the Greek yogurt makes it even creamier!  yum!

Quoting coolmommy2x: Plain greek yogurt is good too. I haven't seen it lately but when I would add cream cheese, I would sometimes add Philadelphia brand's spinach and artichoke cream cheese. That was good too.
Quoting michiganmom116:

AlleyCat08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2015 at 1:03 AM
Umm, no. Lol

I boil chucked potatoes until tender. Reserve 1/4 cup of cooking water and drain the taters. I put them back in the hot pot and let them sit for a minute. Add milk, butter and some season, then mash with a hand masher. I add more milk or butter as needed. Sometimes I add garlic, cheese and chives.

I might use some of the reserved water or save it for making potato bread.
JohnnyCakes
by Member on Jan. 12, 2015 at 10:05 AM

I usually add butter, sour cream, and my seasoned salt blend (lowrys copycat). I'll have to try cream cheese and yogurt, both sound good! 

Quoting michiganmom116:

I use cream cheese due to lower carb count.  I bet the Greek yogurt makes it even creamier!  yum!

Quoting coolmommy2x: Plain greek yogurt is good too. I haven't seen it lately but when I would add cream cheese, I would sometimes add Philadelphia brand's spinach and artichoke cream cheese. That was good too.
Quoting michiganmom116:

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2015 at 4:07 PM

I haven't tried cooking the potatoes in cream, but I will try that. I have found, that it's good to cook in chicken broth rather than water, and after cooking, I whip with a hand mixer, then add butter and mix in, then add the cream or half & half last. It makes a difference to add the butter first, the butter coats all the potatoes, then add the cream. They end up being smoother, and creamier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)