Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drink up!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:59 AM
  • 4 Replies

This may sound like a crazy question, but I'm trying to find a tasty alternative to fruit juice or water.  Let me explain.  I am a mom of 4 (13yob 13yog 8yob 4yog) and a wife to an amazing hubby.  And we drink a lot of juice  at our house.  Two kiddos pack lunch most days a week with 100% fruit juice to drink.  Those things are loaded with sugar all natural but still loaded.  I don't do sugar free products like Crystal Light or anything like that.  I've tried cutting the juice with water and that's fine but wanted to know if there we other things we could do.  Any ideas or recipes?  Thanks in advance.

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:53 AM

fruit infused water  Best of both worlds.

I cut up any mixture of fruit (bananas are not good here), you might add mint leaves if desired, and put in a gallon of water.  Let chill.  Cucumber and melon, raspberry and lemon, peaches and blueberry, etc.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:55 AM
This! We freeze strawberries.

Quoting michiganmom116:

fruit infused water  Best of both worlds.

I cut up any mixture of fruit (bananas are not good here), you might add mint leaves if desired, and put in a gallon of water.  Let chill.  Cucumber and melon, raspberry and lemon, peaches and blueberry, etc.

1contentmom
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:27 PM

Wow never even thought of doing that!  I'll add those to my shopping list.  Thanks

Alieda
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:40 PM
Milk , lemonade
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)