Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lunch ideas

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2017 at 6:08 PM
  • 5 Replies
What do you make for lunch? I don't buy frozen products or other processed food really. I only buy annies boxed Mac and cheese in bulk, I've started making my own rice a roni. And I just make meat sandwiches or pbj. I can make them homemade lunchables but they don't eat the cheese and I don't even think they eat the crackers. I need help lol.
by on Sep. 12, 2017 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PrincessAsmommy
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 7:34 PM

Are you asking about home or school lunches?

Our kids (9 and 11) help us do our weekly menu so they tell us what they want for school lumches. Every Wed they have a hot lunch (mac and cheese or leftovers) and then they do a day with cereal (they use their daily milk from the school's milk program), and the rest of the time they do wraps or sandwiches. Dd is a picky eater and her typical week is: Mon - Cheese Quesadilla, Tues - a wrap of some kind (WOW Butter and jam, mayo and deli turkey, shaved chicken and a cheese slice), Wed is hot lunch, Thurs is usually cereal, Fri is either leftovers, a stacked sandwich kebab, or an alfredo cheese pizza rollup.  Her brother has: a salami and butter wrap (twice in the week), cheese quesadilla (once), hot lunch Wed, cereal Thurs, and he likes pepperoni pizza rollups in place of one of the wraps.

At home they have hot dogs or nuggets and smilies or fries, grilled cheese or paninis. Ds also llikes perogies. And there's always leftovers.

aztecqueen22
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 9:37 PM
Home lunches.

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Our kids (9 and 11) help us do our weekly menu so they tell us what they want for school lumches. Every Wed they have a hot lunch (mac and cheese or leftovers) and then they do a day with cereal (they use their daily milk from the school's milk program), and the rest of the time they do wraps or sandwiches. Dd is a picky eater and her typical week is: Mon - Cheese Quesadilla, Tues - a wrap of some kind (WOW Butter and jam, mayo and deli turkey, shaved chicken and a cheese slice), Wed is hot lunch, Thurs is usually cereal, Fri is either leftovers, a stacked sandwich kebab, or an alfredo cheese pizza rollup.  Her brother has: a salami and butter wrap (twice in the week), cheese quesadilla (once), hot lunch Wed, cereal Thurs, and he likes pepperoni pizza rollups in place of one of the wraps.

At home they have hot dogs or nuggets and smilies or fries, grilled cheese or paninis. Ds also llikes perogies. And there's always leftovers.

MeganCarr
by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 9:40 PM
How do you do the cheese quesadillas to keep them warm?

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 9:46 PM
Salad - lettuce, hard boiled egg, croutons, and a little dressing. Fruit plate - cut up melons, grapes, banana, apple, sometimes yogurt for dunking. Breakfast for lunch - omlete or hard boiled eggs, toast, hash browns, sausage or bacon. My DD is 15 but these are things she grew up with.
PrincessAsmommy
by on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:13 AM

While they are still warm we cut them and then wrap them in foil and stick them in their sandwich containers. They are lukewarm by lunchtime but the kids still enjoy them. The kids tried sticking them in their food jars but this was a lot less messy and they're just as happy.

Quoting MeganCarr: How do you do the cheese quesadillas to keep them warm?
Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)