Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Story, Your Battle

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:31 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 183 Total Views

We want to hear you story, you battle about you loved one.

by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
dsk886
by Group Owner on Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Im Danyle. When I was 32 weeks pregant. I woke up to get ready for my appointment with the OB/GYN. My baby was very active for hours. I went in to have a normal check up, when it was time to listen to the babies heartbeat. The doctor heard some abnormal.

I was sent to have an ultrasound(same office). The babies heart beat was very slow. I was quickly rushed to the hopstial to have an emergancy c-section. I walked in the hospital at 4:20pm and she was born at 4:39pm. I was put under.

I woke around 5ish, To find out that my daughter, that we named Airin Michelle was in the NICU. Later, I then found out that she has Third-degree Heart Block(broken AV node). And then later after that I found out that I have Lupus and my antibodies attacked her.

Three days after she was born, I was dischared and she was transfer to Egleston. She spend the first two months of her life in the NICU. She had many test done, a couple blood transfusions and lots of meds.

She is now at home. 3 months old. My peanut, My little heart warrior,

TurtleSquish
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:52 PM

My name is Andy, and in 2008 I was diagnosed with a large pericardial cyst. At the time, it was about the size of a large egg. Apparently my condition is 1 in 100,000 and the ratio is even more appaling when you take into account the SIZE of my cyst. I believe the statstic is 1 in 250,000.

I believe I started to be symptomatic (most people with my condition never have symptoms) a few months ago. I'm waiting for my ultrasound to see how bad it is. That's on friday.

TurtleSquish
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:53 PM

she sounds like quite the fighter! I'm glad she's doing okay. My friend (and sperm donor) Cary has AVM.

Quoting dsk886:

Im Danyle. When I was 32 weeks pregant. I woke up to get ready for my appointment with the OB/GYN. My baby was very active for hours. I went in to have a normal check up, when it was time to listen to the babies heartbeat. The doctor heard some abnormal.

I was sent to have an ultrasound(same office). The babies heart beat was very slow. I was quickly rushed to the hopstial to have an emergancy c-section. I walked in the hospital at 4:20pm and she was born at 4:39pm. I was put under.

I woke around 5ish, To find out that my daughter, that we named Airin Michelle was in the NICU. Later, I then found out that she has Third-degree Heart Block(broken AV node). And then later after that I found out that I have Lupus and my antibodies attacked her.

Three days after she was born, I was dischared and she was transfer to Egleston. She spend the first two months of her life in the NICU. She had many test done, a couple blood transfusions and lots of meds.

She is now at home. 3 months old. My peanut, My little heart warrior,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)