Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your kindergartener remember what they did in class each day?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:44 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 223 Total Views

my daughter just started kindergarten last week and I don't know if it's because thy haven't really started any actual lessons or what, but if I ask her what she did or learned in school each day she shrugs and says she can't remember.  she can tell me what she ate for lunch though! haha.

i think they have mostly been coloring a lot and getting used to their schedule... I gues I'll wait a couple weeks before getting too concerned...

what about your kid though?

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jemia
by Frequent Poster on Sep. 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

mine says that its a secret

Mommee42boyz
by Frequent Poster on Sep. 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Lol! My son remembers. He says "Numbers, ABCs and coloring and stuff. Pretty easy."

Quoting Jemia:

mine says that its a secret

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Hart31
by Frequent Poster on Sep. 3, 2012 at 5:30 PM
My dd remembers some things that happened but when it comes to what she learned she can't remember that day but she remembers later like once after her bath she told me something they learned a week before. They remember it just takes time to think of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2LilGirlz
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Nope, my daughter couldn't even remember to tell me about the fire drill that they had at school. I'm a little concerned now, but I'm going to give it a few more weeks before I decide to talk to her teacher and see what she has to say.

joceangel
by Frequent Poster on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes she tells me something right when I pick her up then the rest comes out through out the rest of our day/night together.

JasonsMom2007
by Frequent Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM

We homeschool but mine doesn't remember what he did at Sunday School when he gets home.

lili_monkey
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM

My daughters teacher has them learn a number and letter each day. She has poems to help the kids remember how to write the numbers example "First the line, then you're done, and now you have the number one!". My daughter has been good about remembering what she's learned.

They also learn songs, colors, shapes and other names for the shapes. This week they begin sight words.

SummersMommie89
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM
My daughter remembers most of what she learned in school, each day I ask and she's able to tell me. But for the first week all she said was coloring and she had lunch but now she tells me about the letter she learned that day, the book the teacher read and all about it. <3
beccah1220
by Frequent Poster on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM

HAHA!! Machaela tells me she just learned some stuff! Lol shes so silly ! Then when she is playing with her little sister i hear what she learned!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)