Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher appreciation week

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 1011 Total Views

So this week is teacher appreciation week and once again they are doing a week full of gifts for the teacher. 

Monday - flower

Tuesday - scratch off ticket

Wednesday - candy

Thursday - piece of fruit

Friday - a handmade card or picture

Now I do not mind doing any of this however we didn't get the email notification until after 10pm Sunday night so most of us didn't actually see it until the next morning so I had to run out at 10 to 7 and get flowers Monday morning. After school I asked Aiden how did teacher like her flowers and he said she loved it. Mike asked did she get a lot of flowers and he said nope I was the only one that brought any in. And here I was worried he would be the only one NOT to bring them in which is why I ran out that morning! LOL!

Anyway what if anything are the kids doing for teacher appreciation week at their schools?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briesmom38
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I had no idea that this was teacher appreciation week, so apparently nothing,lol  Unless the class mothers are handling it, because in the beginning of the year they asked all of the parents to send in a set amount of money to cover things thru the school year, this way it would be all taken care of and none of us would have to worry.  I think tomorrow I will stop at Dunkin Donuts and Brie can bring her teacher in donuts.  Her teacher loves donuts, and every now and then Brie will bring her in a donut, just because.

I do know usually the PTA does some type of breakfast for the teachers or a lunch, I've been so out of the loop I don't know what they are doing.  It's been a bad year for me this year.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

awesomemommy2
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Teacher appreciation week here is May 7-11.  That was the date set from the National PTA and the NEA.  So that may be the reason he was the only one.  I would either reread the email or contact the class parent as she may have the dates wrong.  

We are also doing the weeks worth here.  I am the class mom. 

Monday - Treat basket.  Each child is sending intheir favorite treat to share with the teacher.  Card says "since its such a treat to have you as our teacher, we would like to share our favorites with you".

Tuesday - Photo Collage - Each child drew a picture of the teacher.

Wednesday - New and used books to update the classroom library

Thursday - Basket of Supplies - Each child sent in something for the teacher to use in the classroom.  Stickers, stampers, index cards, markers.  

Friday - My teacher is the best book.  Each child has a page in the book where they wrote why their teacher is the best.  With their name and picture on it.  

awesomemommy2
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:16 AM

You may want to wait until actual Teacher Appreciation Week.  May 7-11 here in Brick and according to the NJEA, the NEA and the National PTA everywhere else in the country.  But if you want to do it tomorrow I am sure the teacher will appreciate it just as much.  Who doesn't love a good donut.  

Quoting Briesmom38:

I had no idea that this was teacher appreciation week, so apparently nothing,lol  Unless the class mothers are handling it, because in the beginning of the year they asked all of the parents to send in a set amount of money to cover things thru the school year, this way it would be all taken care of and none of us would have to worry.  I think tomorrow I will stop at Dunkin Donuts and Brie can bring her teacher in donuts.  Her teacher loves donuts, and every now and then Brie will bring her in a donut, just because.

I do know usually the PTA does some type of breakfast for the teachers or a lunch, I've been so out of the loop I don't know what they are doing.  It's been a bad year for me this year.

Briesmom38
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM

OK so I didn't miss it, lol

Yep, I'm still going to stop so Brie can bring her a donut.  simple smile

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM

So I did misread the original message and it seems Aiden has been appreciating his teacher a week early. Good thing she has a really good sense of humor about it! 

We just had a really good laugh about it when I dropped off some of the stuff she needed me to pick up for her.

Briesmom38
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Wendy you are too funny!!!

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM

It's all good. She gets appreciated either week right? LOL! She is so funny too because she said she thought I had my weeks confused but didn't want to say anything because she has had me running all over for the past 2 weeks organizing a top secret project for her and that she was probably part of why I misread the email! LOL! She is a great teacher though and Aiden just LOVES her sooo much! We are actually working on 3 projects for her but 2 are top secret and even the 3 main class moms aren't allowed to know about it. I am helping her with the Mother's Day surprise for the moms and also the end of year gifts for the kids!

Quoting Briesmom38:

Wendy you are too funny!!!

Briesmom38
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM

You are such a busy bee.  I'm glad Aiden has a great teacher.  They really do make all the difference.  Brie loves her teacher too, luckily she had great teachers 4 out of the 5 years at her school.  Keeping my fingers crossed for next year since we don't know what to expect in middle school!

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM

The teacher really does make a difference. This is the first year he has REALLY wanted to go to school every day. I am crossing my fingers for a good teacher next year. I can't believe Brie will be in middle school next year!!! Where does the time go??

Quoting Briesmom38:

You are such a busy bee.  I'm glad Aiden has a great teacher.  They really do make all the difference.  Brie loves her teacher too, luckily she had great teachers 4 out of the 5 years at her school.  Keeping my fingers crossed for next year since we don't know what to expect in middle school!

Briesmom38
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I'm still trying to figure out where the time went!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)