Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you regift a gift card

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

Have a party on Saturday and when I asked what the child wanted the mom told me TRU gift card.  I happen to have one of the generic TRU ones that one of my kids got for christmas that we have never used.  We actually have three of them since we never go to TRU and I really don't feel like making a special trip there.  The enevelope that the gift card is attached to is written on but I have a card holder card where its a frgo and you open the mouth and the gift card is the tongue.  

Thoughts?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
xMommaKayx
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I would regift it... why go there if you have one already?

Briesmom38
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I would regift it too!  If it hasn't been used and you don't intend on using it anytime soon why let it go to waste. 

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Regift it especially if you have no plans to use it yourself!

darla1123
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I have regifted gift cards before. Why have it sitting around if it isn't someplace you normally shop!

awesomemommy2
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Thanks it's as good as wrapped!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
concrete77
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Yep... I would re-gift...

kianka
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:32 PM

My daughters were regifted tru cards for their birthday. I could tell because the pin was scratched and there was not a card holder. I didn't mind. I'm guessing she scratched the pin to call and check the balance first. You may want to do the same. In case there was a problem with the card, you won't have a receipt to go with it to clear things up.

awesomemommy2
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I was trying not to scratch the pin.  They are on the card (ihave 3 of them) and I also have the gift receipts but they were a gift from my brother in Arizona.  I may scratch the pin on one and gift a different one.  They were all bought together so if one works they all should (fingers crossed).  

I got a cute gift card holder for it that would not look out fo place that there was no holder.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)