Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer Movies: Anything you plan to see?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 420 Total Views

I don't get to the theater much for movies, would rather watch at home where we can relax and discuss the film.  But once in a while something comes along that gets us out of the house. 

This summer I'd like to see "Prometheus" directed by Ridley Scott.  It looks like it has elements of "Alien" which he directed (the first installment) and I love a well thought out science fiction or space movie (anyone see "Moon" ?)

He also directed "Blade Runner" which was a ground-breaking movie and still holds up pretty well.

What's on your must-see movie list?

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Prometheus is the prequel to Alien Monarch. In Alien they go to investigate a distress call from another ship 'Prometheus". I want to see this as well but I can wait.

I took the boys to see MIB 3 and Madagascar 3 already. Can't wait to see Brave, Paranorman, Hotel Transelvania, and I forget what else is comng up.

Briesmom38
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Brie and I just saw Snow White and the Huntsman.  It was actually pretty good.  Definitely more like the real tale not like the animated Disney tale.

I hate to ruin anything for you ladies, but I know someone who saw Prometheus and was extremely let down by it.  It's something he'd been wanting to see and couldn't wait to see it.  He said to wait until you can rent it, it's not worth spending the money at the theater. 

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

rissymac78
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Taking the kids to see Madagascar 3 tomorrow.  This will be only their 2nd or 3rd movie in a theater, so they are really excited.

awesomemommy2
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I hate the movies. Theaters just gross me out. Kids want to see Brave. Older son wants to see Spiderman but not sure it's age appropriate for a 6 year old. It's PG-13.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rissymac78
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM

My little guys want to see Brave too.  I'm excited for the movie too.  It's so cute how excited they get about going to the movies.  They actually get excited over eveything, so it's going to be a great summer!

MonarchMom22
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I think Brave is on the agenda for this weekend!  All the kids want to see it, from 3 - 11, and it looks OK for all.  I just hope the pace of the movie is not too frantic.  When we saw "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" it was so overwhelming in the theater we all came out dazed!

awesomemommy2
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:51 PM
I saw cloudy a few nights ago for the first time and it kind of reminded me of something that should be watched while on an acid trip in the 60's.

Quoting MonarchMom22:

I think Brave is on the agenda for this weekend!  All the kids want to see it, from 3 - 11, and it looks OK for all.  I just hope the pace of the movie is not too frantic.  When we saw "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" it was so overwhelming in the theater we all came out dazed!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonarchMom22
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Well, the kids loved Brave! And while it would be nice to have a female character that was not a princess.... It was a good story that did not center on a romance.

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:19 PM

We took the boys to see Brave and they liked it! Mike and I enjoyed it as well. It was nice to see a girl that wasn't portrayed as seeking Prince Charming!

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Oh did you see the preview for Wreck it Ralph yet? Mike and I loved that one and can't wait to see it! We are going on a matinee date this weekend to see "Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" can't wait! LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN