Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer Movies: Anything you plan to see?

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't get to the theater much for movies, would rather watch at home where we can relax and discuss the film.  But once in a while something comes along that gets us out of the house. 

This summer I'd like to see "Prometheus" directed by Ridley Scott.  It looks like it has elements of "Alien" which he directed (the first installment) and I love a well thought out science fiction or space movie (anyone see "Moon" ?)

He also directed "Blade Runner" which was a ground-breaking movie and still holds up pretty well.

What's on your must-see movie list?

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
Briesmom38
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I'm not usualluy a chick flick type of person, but I want to see Magic Mike,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Briesmom38
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Wendy, you'll have to let me know how Abe Lincoln is, I saw the previews and I can't really make up my mind if I want to see it or not.

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Not sure that is a chick flick Lori I think it's just soft pron for women! LMAO! I will let you know how Abe Lincoln is. It just looks too funny NOT to see! LOL!

Quoting Briesmom38:

Briesmom38
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM

LOL Wendy...  I figure if women will flock to it, it's a chick flick,lol

concrete77
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Quoting Briesmom38:

I would like to go see it also..  I haven't seen a male stripper in many years.. and I like the cast in that movie..lol.

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

So MIke and I went to see Abe Lincoln and it was very entertaining!! Shed light on the true story of Lincoln. A great documetary! LMAO!

Briesmom38
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:00 AM

So I should wait for Abe Lincoln to come out on dvd,lol

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Jul. 7, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Yeah I would Lori. It was fun at a matinee price but I wouldn't pay full price to see it!

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Jul. 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Mel, Debbie, and I went to see Magic Mike this morning and had a hell of a time. The movie wasn't great but the men and the dancing were enjoyable but nothing can compare to the entertainment Mel provided during the quiet moments of the film by activating her new electric scissors. The scissors obviously did not sound like scissors! LOL!

rissymac78
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Just saw Brave tonight......so so so so good. Totally worth it. I was afraid the boys wouldn't like it but I think they enjoyed it more than the girls.  I think this is one of Disney's best movies!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)