Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baltimore Inner Harbor

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 223 Total Views

Planning for a trip in a few weeks.  Children are 3 and 5.  Should we do 2 or 3 nights?  Planning on doing the aquarium, children's museum, orioles game 1 night.  What else to do, not sure, but I know we can find plenty to do.  Suggestions?  Anyone stay at a favorite place?

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
awesomemommy2
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:16 PM
We stay at the days inn alot. It's walkable to everything, not that expensive and has a cute outdoor, shady pool. It's gets like 4 1/2 stars on tripadvisor and is 1/2 the price of the other hotels with those ratings. We also stay at the Wyndham or Radisson. One has a nice pool. I forget which one. I would do 3 nights. This way you have 2 full days. We like to keep a slow pace. If you go down during the week you get there lunchtime so the first day isn't too much. The last day we leave after check out so that we can beat the traffic home. Tour of Camden yard is amazing. There is a train museum. Museum of Industry, Visionary Art Museum has some very different exhibits. Historic walking tour. Science center. There are historic boats you can tour. We usually stay down there with hubby for work. Last time we took the train down to DC for a couple hours. Also they have a Barnes and Noble which you have to go in. It's in the Power Plant and inside is so cool. Also they have a huge kids section. I have been there probably there 50 times and find something new to see every time. Personally I would skip the children's museum. Not much different than others like it and I prefer to do activites that can only be found in the cities I am visiting. We save that for the one in cherry hill on a rainy day. If you have any specific questions let me know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rissymac78
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Thanks. Made reservations for 2 nights but may add a 3rd. Any recommendations for a nice restaurant for dinner in the Inner Harbor for our first night that is also kid friendly?
awesomemommy2
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
There are a ton in harbor place. We like them because you can eat outside and that is huge with the kids. The usual offerings like cheesecake factory, bubba gump. If you like tapas try la tosca (or Something like that) is very good. Also j Paul's which has Excellent desserts. I like kettle Creek in the power plant area. Very different offering. Havana club is very good but depending on the night may not be the best place with kids. Our favorite dinner spots are in little
Italy (la scala) and fells point (peters or pierpont). Walkable or water taxi away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)