Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you keep from your child's school stuff?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

So here's a question to all the parents out there. What do you keep from your child's school year? I have a large box filled with all of Aiden's 2nd grade papers and I am trying to figure out what to keep and what can get recycled... I know reportcards, progress reports, notes or letters from the teacher but what about all the homework, classwork, and artwork??

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rissymac78
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I have the same question.  My son just finished preschool and I have a ton of stuff.  I started getting rid of some of his papers, but the he got mad.  What am I to do with all these things?  I have a box where I started putting away some of the cute projects, but I seriously can't keep all this stuff.

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I couldn't sleep last night so I sorted through the big box and chose to recycle all but 1/4 of it. I kept some of his writing papers, art, awards, report cards, progress reports, and any notes the teacher wrote him like holiday cards and such. The rest made it's out to the recycle bins this morning when I woke up.

Briesmom38
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:58 AM

To be honest I don't keep really much of anything,lol...  I have a few report cards and a couple of things that my daughter made special for me, but other than that, nothing really.  I figured why save it, what's the purpose for, I know my daughter doesn't care about school work she did or the grades she receieved from past years.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)