Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going through a rough patch...

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 502 Total Views

On Wednesday I went to the doctor to get my MRI results and to discuss the weird foot issue I had Sunday night. Well the MRI results are not good. It showed signs of bone marrow cancer. Now it doesn't say I definitely have it but there are signs and I do need to go to a hemo/oncologist for further testing and possible treatment. For now we have to try our best to remain positive. I will see the doc for my first visit on July 25th. I will not have answers that day but I a sure I will have more testing scheduled after that visit. Please say a prayer that the test was wrong and try to keep a positive light on things until we know for sure just what we are dealing with. Thank you!

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MonarchMom22
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Wendy - thanks for letting us know what is going on.  I will thinking of you every day. 

I imagine it must be hard to even wait the several days until your next appointment. Please treat yourself well in the interim -  every nice and loving thing you do for yourself is a healing action - whatever the diagnosis.  Please give yourself a luxury beauty treatment or quiet time.

And please give us updates as you know more.

rissymac78
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I agree.  Take care of yourself!  The only way for you to heal properly is take time for youself.  Please update us as soon as you receive more information.  Thinking of you!

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Jul. 14, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Thank you ladies. This waiting is the heardest part. I just want to know either way so that I know what I have to do next! Trying to stay calm but keep having nightmares. July 25th can't come soon enough.

Briesmom38
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Wendy, I know the waiting is the hardest part...  You know I'm here for you.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.  You are definitely in my prayers!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

xMommaKayx
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Wendy, why does it seem that time flies by when you don't want it to and drags when you do?  I am thinking of you and know that you will find something to do to occupy your time in the meantime.  Hugs...

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the support! I just got off the phone with the oncologist office because they needed to move my appt due to a scheduling conflict. Thankfully they moved it closer! I will now be seeing him this Friday.

darla1123
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Wendy, I just wanted to let you know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad they moved your appt closer, the waiting is the worst!

concrete77
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Wendy.. I saw this on facebook and want you to know that I am still praying for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.. If you need anything at all let me know.. if you need a ride or just someone with you to help you.  Take care and think positive. 

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Well I feel some relief. Went to the oncologist today. He reviewed the MRI with the tech while in the room with us. He then read through my file and told us that he sees at least one case like this a month and it almost never results in a cancer diagnosis. He took blood and the results from these blood tests will let us know if I need further more invasive testing. If these results come back fine then I am to follow up with my other doc and resume treatment for my pain.

Briesmom38
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:24 PM

woohoo

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)