Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yard Sale in Neptune City Sunday 8/29

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 311 Total Views

I'm having a yard sale tomorrow.  

Selling a ton of baby stuff:

clothes for girls ages 3 months to 24 months

clothes for boys ages 3 months to 4T

stoller

baby toys

baby books

blankets, crib sheets/protectors

bouncer seat

Pack-n-Play

and much more

Also selling some odds and ends, small George Foreman Grill never opened, table, dresser, small vacuum, lamps, etc.

Please message me if interested or you know anyone that could use baby items.  Everything is in pretty good shape and I am selling for cheap.

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rissymac78
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Oh, also selling maternity clothes.
darla1123
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:02 PM

How did you make out with the yard sale?? If you don't mind me asking, how did you price the clothing? I am having a yard sale 8/11 and have a ton of  the kids  that will be for sale, but I am not sure what to ask for them.

rissymac78
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM

The sale went ok.  Got rid of almost everything.  I started out selling clothes for $.50 each, an outfit for $1 and then these nice dresses for $2.  I had neighbors come by and I just told them to take the stuff they wanted.  Had a few people come by and just took from them what they wanted to give me (they were surprised at how little I wanted for everything b/c I myself wasn't really sure what to ask), and then these 2 ladies came by asking to buy all the bins of clothes and everything on the table.  They were trying to basically walk away with all the clothes for free (My husband tried to explain that the bins alone cost more than $3!).  I believe they are taking all the clothes to try to sell themselves at an auction of some sort.  I was a little annoyed by how little money we got from them, but also happy to just get rid of it since anything I have left I'm taking to the GoodWill in Ocean TWP.  Good luck with your sale.

awesomemommy2
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:32 PM
My friend had a woman pick up clothes from her on free cycle and was selling them at the flea market. Gotta give them credit for trying.

Quoting rissymac78:

The sale went ok.  Got rid of almost everything.  I started out selling clothes for $.50 each, an outfit for $1 and then these nice dresses for $2.  I had neighbors come by and I just told them to take the stuff they wanted.  Had a few people come by and just took from them what they wanted to give me (they were surprised at how little I wanted for everything b/c I myself wasn't really sure what to ask), and then these 2 ladies came by asking to buy all the bins of clothes and everything on the table.  They were trying to basically walk away with all the clothes for free (My husband tried to explain that the bins alone cost more than $3!).  I believe they are taking all the clothes to try to sell themselves at an auction of some sort.  I was a little annoyed by how little money we got from them, but also happy to just get rid of it since anything I have left I'm taking to the GoodWill in Ocean TWP.  Good luck with your sale.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN