Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Morning

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 370 Total Views
I never really followed this cafe mom site... Maybe I'll start.....I do miss the Mlm site. What's new on here? I got into a bad car accident July 20th on my way to work.. Totalled the truck Broke my femur and was rushed for surgery... I now have a pin through my bone with 4 screws.. Just started physical therapy and hopefully going to be off the crutches in a few weeks. Cause of the accident was wet roads hydroplaining... Very Scary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
concrete77
by Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

hi Michelle... Hope you are feeling better.  Just a few of our MLM friends get on here I occasionally check it out.  I do miss our other site.  Hope we could all get together soon.  Take care.

positronicmommy
by Group Owner on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Hey there Shelly! How ae you feeling?? Hope you are fully up and about soon!! 

I am sooo glad summer is over, Been a rough one for a alot of people! The boys are very excited for school this week! Everything is packed and ready! 

jerzeymomof2
by Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Good morning! Just got back from vacation yesterday. We had a wonderful time, but now it's time to clean the house and get ready for the new school year. Backpacks have been packed for weeks. I have to get the boys new sneakers and my older son needs a haircut. I'm not going back to work until Friday, so I have plenty of time to get my house back in shape! Michelle - hope you can get rid of those crutches soon - I've been on them several times and hate them. I was thinking about you because I have a small Thomas the Train bowl and plate that I don't need anymore and I hate to throw it out, but don't know how to get it to you.

Briesmom38
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Good Morning!

Hi Michelle, I really hope you start feeling better soon, how scary!

Although I will miss the summer, I'm kinda glad to be putting it behind me...  Like Wendy said it's been a rough one for a lot of us.

Lorellyn, I'm glad you had a good vacation.

My brother was just in for a week, although I still had to work, I got to see a lot of him, and we even managed to do a few family things.  I think Brie's favorite was we all went bowling.  My brother is an awesome bowler he's on a few leagues out in AZ and he's even been to Rio and Vegas for some competitions, so he gave Brie a few pointers.  It was just fun to have a couple of beers and just relax...

Today I am back at work, I pinched a nerve in my back this morning so I'm in a lot of pain and it's tuff trying to work, but since I'm no stranger to this, I've learned how to trudge along,lol  Advil is my best friend,lol

Hopefully, we can all get together soon and catch up.

Have a great day ladies!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

mshelly2329
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Aaah pinched nerve... Have you tried icing it .. It helps me a little bit. That and bio freeze. I swear by it.
And jerzeymom. Anything Thomas is perfect. Cole is OBSESSED... When I start driving again I can make a trip...
Sorry to hear this summer was a bust for almost everyone.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mshelly2329
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Wendy I'm doing better by the week... I know I have you on Fb so you know the scoop... I didn't realize you had a break in. That's crazy....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briesmom38
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I tried the ice, didn't do anything.  I took a hot shower last night that didn't really help either.  Now the percocet that helped a little  big smile mini

This morning it's a little better, I can actually stand semi straight,lol  I'm just kicking myself, because I know better!

mshelly2329
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Aaah that really stinks. I used ice on my back all throughout the day Leaving it on 10 minutes every time... Sorry that didn't work...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mshelly2329
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM
My back when I bend grabs a nerve every so often and sends my body in pain and freezes up everything.. So I have the pain under control. Just not the nerve issue... Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briesmom38
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Thanks Michelle.  I hate that I can't walk straight it sends my entire body in to pain, and now of course my bad knee is acting up,lol

I know from experience it just needs to work it's way out.  Every day it will get a little better.  I'll take more percocets tonight before bed.

I hope you're feeling better and up walking without the crutches soon...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN