Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nov. 6th

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 23 Replies
  • 429 Total Views

Hi Ladies!

I'm just checking in to see if everyone is safe after Sandy!  You all know I live in Brick, I was very, very lucky.  No damage and no flooding at my house.  Power was finally restored yesterday.  My neighborhood is not on the list of the mandatory evacuation for the nor'easter that's heading our way, so we're staying.  Brie's at my dad's house since he's had power since Friday and she has no school until Nov.12th.  At least that's the update for now, who knows.

I've been also lucky that my job has been up and running since last Thursday.

I hope everyone is safe....  My thoughts are with you all!!!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darla1123
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Lori, I am glad to hear you are safe!  We are still without power in Toms River. We are on well water, so no water either. Luckily we have a fire place that is keeping us warm.  

I have been thinking of Ann and Tina, both of them were in Seaside. Has anyone heard from them?  I am hoping that they made it out ok and their families are safe.

Briesmom38
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Darlene, I'm so glad to see you are ok.  I'm sorry about the lack of water, that really stinks. Hopefully you'll get power back soon.  I was surprised we got power back yesterday, we had been told it wouldn't be on until the 14th.

I haven't heard anything about Ann.  But I've been in touch with Wendy and she said Tina and her family are safe and staying with someone they know in Jackson.

I'm hoping everyone else is safe and well too!

Quoting darla1123:

Lori, I am glad to hear you are safe!  We are still without power in Toms River. We are on well water, so no water either. Luckily we have a fire place that is keeping us warm.  

I have been thinking of Ann and Tina, both of them were in Seaside. Has anyone heard from them?  I am hoping that they made it out ok and their families are safe.

jerzeymomof2
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Hi ladies! We made out fine - thank God we had the generator. Our power came back on Saturday night. Back to work on Monday, back to school today. Tina is staying with friends in Jackson. Haven't heard anything about Ann. Glad to hear you girls are okay. Sorry about no power or water Darlene.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Briesmom38
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Good to hear from you Lorellyn.  I'm glad everythings ok.  

How's the foot?

darla1123
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:17 AM

We got power back on last night!  I am so thankful for all the crews that came in from other states to help out. A crew from Virginia finally was able to get us up and running. 

I am glad to hear Tina is ok. I am still praying for Ann.

Lorellyn, it is good to hear that you are safe.  We are definately getting a generator after this!

Briesmom38
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Darlene, I'm so glad you finally got power...

We were borrowing a generator from a friend, we are definitely going to get one of our own.

darla1123
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I just looked thru some old emails, and it turns out I do have Ann's email address.  I just sent her an email checking in.  Once I hear back and find out if there is anything we can do to help her and her family, I will let you ladies know.

Briesmom38
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Thanks Darlene...  

awesomemommy2
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:46 PM
We didn't make out well. First floor took on water so looking for a rental for a few months until construction is done. So if anyone knows of anyone looking to rent on a month to month basis let me know. We have been staying in the house with a generator but got evacuated last night. Hoping the nor'easter spares us tonight. Glad everyone made out ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darla1123
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM

awesomemommy, I am sorry to hear that.  I will keep my ears open for rentals for you.  Is there anything else we can do to help?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)