Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi Ladies!

I'm just checking in to see if everyone is safe after Sandy!  You all know I live in Brick, I was very, very lucky.  No damage and no flooding at my house.  Power was finally restored yesterday.  My neighborhood is not on the list of the mandatory evacuation for the nor'easter that's heading our way, so we're staying.  Brie's at my dad's house since he's had power since Friday and she has no school until Nov.12th.  At least that's the update for now, who knows.

I've been also lucky that my job has been up and running since last Thursday.

I hope everyone is safe....  My thoughts are with you all!!!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Replies (21-23):
Briesmom38
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Ann, so glad to hear from you.  I'm glad everyone is safe!

Lorellyn, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, it will be fixed!

As of this morning I had power when I left home, I'm currently at work so I don't know if the power stayed on or not.  I'm hoping it did.  It took me 1 1/2 hours to get home last night, the parkway was such a mess.

Keep safe everyone!

rissymac78
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Hi Ladies,

Glad to see everyone is doing well.  We made out fine with the storm, just no power for a week, but we managed.  My cousin is now staying with us since her house was flooded and she lost all of her things (except for some clothes that she was able to save).  Luckily for her, they are starting work on her house today!  Not sure the time frame of it all, but she's moving along.  She went through her insurance and FEMA.  FEMA actually already put money into her account to help her and her husband for the time being!  So for those of you who have not contacted FEMA yet, I would do so ASAP.  She said they have been nothing buy friendly and helpful with everything.  Her insurance has been just as helpful.

Hope everyone continues to do well.  Good luck to everyone looking for temporary homes.  Please let me know if you need anything or help  with work on your homes.  I know many contractors and electricians if you need someone.

Briesmom38
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I'm glad to see you are ok... I wish your cousin lots of luck and a quick return to her home.

Quoting rissymac78:

Hi Ladies,

Glad to see everyone is doing well.  We made out fine with the storm, just no power for a week, but we managed.  My cousin is now staying with us since her house was flooded and she lost all of her things (except for some clothes that she was able to save).  Luckily for her, they are starting work on her house today!  Not sure the time frame of it all, but she's moving along.  She went through her insurance and FEMA.  FEMA actually already put money into her account to help her and her husband for the time being!  So for those of you who have not contacted FEMA yet, I would do so ASAP.  She said they have been nothing buy friendly and helpful with everything.  Her insurance has been just as helpful.

Hope everyone continues to do well.  Good luck to everyone looking for temporary homes.  Please let me know if you need anything or help  with work on your homes.  I know many contractors and electricians if you need someone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN