Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reason #500000 that I hate MIL

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 116 Total Views

My DD turned 4 on 4/1 and my other DD turned 7 on 4/5.  

2 months ago I picked a date (4/21) to have a small family get together at my house to celebrate their birthdays.  I invited my parents, MIL, FIL & Dh's stepmom & BIL.  Along with my best friend who lives 5 minutes from us and our kids are the same age and we're always together. It's at 2pm tomorrow - simple appetizers and snacks then cake to celebrate.  Nothing to crazy!  My girls decided instead of parties with their friends and everything they wanted to go to an indoor water park however of course Grandparents & Aunts & Uncles want to celebrate so we're doing it tomorrow.

OK, now 2 months ago I called each person to tell them.  Gave them the date & time - 2 MONTHS AGO!!!!  Since that I've talked about it and everyone is coming.  Well, today MIL said that she doesn't know if she can make it because she didnt get a FORMAL invite.  Seriously??  There are some good garage sales she wants to attend.  What a B***H!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way she lives UPSTAIRS - it's not that far - just a few steps.

Oh and if that's not enough - the day of my youngest bday she didn't come down to sing happy bday because she was watching TV.  Yup!  I told her about it a week before - I said on Sunday & Thursday at 7:30 - the day actual day of their bdays we're going to have cake and sing like always. Well at 8pm I was looking for her, she was watching tv and never came, but she called for her slice of cake.  Yea, I was bitch and didn't give her any.  Then the day of my other DDs bday she went and bought a cake cause she said I never include her. After we sang and ate down here she said DD had to go upstairs to do cake again. 

OMG - I can't stand her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can you believe this shit??  She has garage sales to go to and didn't get a "Formal" invite for cake so she doesnt know if she can come.  This woman is going to make me nuts!

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Rockabillymama4
by Group Owner on Apr. 21, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Seriously, wow. She sounds like a waist of space, garage sales instead of her grandbabies bday. I don't know how you stand to live with that woman.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)