Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter Egg Craft

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 305 Total Views

So last year we had about 60 plastic easter eggs I ended up throwing away because they ended up broken or thrown everywhere. I wish I'd a saved 'em :0/ Fail.

I got about 25 or so old Eggs from someone off Craigslist who had used them to decorate. I took it a step farther and this is where this craft comes from.

You'll need:

• Plastic Eggs(all colors and sizes),
  • Hot Glue or Craft Glue,
  • Buttons or gems or glittler,
  • string(preferably a medium thickness),
  • and a Hot quilting Needle

Directions: 

• First take the Hot needle and make a hole at the top of the egg.
  • Loop a 1" piece through the hole so the loop is out the top. using craft glue or glue gun, glue the string down on the INSIDE of the egg(let dry)
  • After intide is dry, place glue around the lip on the bottom half of the egg and push top and bottom together.(Mix and match Some) Remove any glue that squirts out. (Let dry again)
  • Once The eggs are dry ...Its time to decorate!! Add a drop of glue and put a sparkly, or ribbon or Buttons(Let 'em dry)
  • (If you use glitter your best bet is a clear craft glue. Paint or brush it on and either sprinkle on glitter or roll egg in dumped out glitter on plate... and Let dry)lol
  • Hang 'Em Up Year after Year!!!

This was a blast to do with my daughter and I plan to save the ones we bought this year to do it again next year!! I did do the glittler but I plan to next year for sure!! Hope you try this with your kiddos!!.... Pics Below

Cute Spring Color buttonsCute GemsHanging in the tree off our balcony

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
nlliv
by Newbie on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Very cute idea!
JesCherry85
by Owner on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Thanks. I thought so too.. Glad to share!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)