Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was your pregancy planned, or a surprise?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

Our's was kind of both. I've been wanting a baby for about a year now. I downloaded the Women's Log app on my phone and have been tracking my periods and fertile days. Well, on the 18th we did the deed and SO usually pulls out, and he didn't. The first thing I did was grab my phone and put that little heart into the app and realized I was fertile, I just started laughing and when SO asked at what, I told him that I was going to get pregnant and I did. What's your story?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Having a baby in or around December? Come join me in a private member ran group, Due in December 2012.

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AnnabellesMama
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

My story is similar to yours.  He didn't pull out, and I looked at the calendar and counted how many days since my last period and realized that I was probably fertile!  I've been waiting for him to want baby #3, since he already knew that I did.  We already have two girls, ages 4 and 2.  I'm happy :)

msnellen82
by Michelle - Due 12/9 on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM
We have two girls too, they'll be 6 and 3 in June :)

Quoting AnnabellesMama:

My story is similar to yours.  He didn't pull out, and I looked at the calendar and counted how many days since my last period and realized that I was probably fertile!  I've been waiting for him to want baby #3, since he already knew that I did.  We already have two girls, ages 4 and 2.  I'm happy :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Ours was planned.  I used opk's for the first time this cycle and we bd'd the same day I got a positive.  I actually wasn't feeling anything and had already purchased Clomid for our next cycle when I got my bfp.  Normally I don't O on a normal cycle (if at all) so Clomid is what we used in the past.  Now I have to call my Dr. in the morning to tell her that I won't be needing that follicle ultrasound afterall!

ReekaJean
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Ours was not planned. We use NFP but I haven't charted in a few months. We go by timing and cervical mucous/cervical position. All of the signs pointed to me having ovulated already, so we should have been good to go. However, according to the date the sonographer gave of the baby during the ultrasound, I ovulated almost a full week later than expected!

So here I am. :) We're both excited though. <3

oliviasmommy85
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Ours was not planned. we weren't going to even start trying again for another year. we were using condoms or pull out method but obviously there was a slip up!

NeWmOmMy15
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Not planned! But we are so excited so is our family!
NorCal_3
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:22 AM

surprise

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN