Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fave Muzic...

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 155 Total Views

Hey Mom's!

So I just turned on music to get our day started and to clean up a bit. Made me think this would be a good forum to start.  What's your fave music..and not just the phases you go through but the stuff you always return to and can listen to and have listened to over & over..music that brings back memories of person's, places or things!

It's funny because mine is probably the last thing anyone would think it is..

MOTOWN OLDIES!  That's right...Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Shirley Brown, The Elgins, Etta James...all those soul satisfying artist's.  I grew up listening to this with my Mom and now it's music that I rely on to make me feel good and has me singing at the top of my lungs while vacuuming lol.. 

I also love old time Country (sorry not the pop country of today) David Allen Coe, George Straight, Hank Williams, The Judds, Tanya Tucker..

And then the music I listened to growing up, 90's R&B..Aaliyah, Mariah Carey, Jodeci, 112, Mya, Boys II Men..anybody just about 30 might know what I'm talking about lol..

So that's a little insight into who I am...WHO ARE YOU??!

listening to tunes

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hayleebabylove
by Head Admin on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I am definitely going to comment on this topic later--as soon as my daughter detaches herself from my leg!

hayleebabylove
by Head Admin on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I'm soooo glad you brought this up because my mom pointed out a few months ago when I was back home visiting, that I literally have to have music on all the time. Doesn't matter what I'm doing, I always need some good tunes to listen to. I could not agree more about Motown! I love love love me some Otis, Temptations, The Supremes, and of course Etta. It is definitely some feel good music :)

My absolute favorite kind of music though is classic rock. I have had an obsession with Led Zeppelin since I was about 8 years old. My dad used to listen to them driving me to and from school and I'm sure that's how it all got started. I hate throwing this out there without meeting anyone first but I am a huge hippie--but with better hygiene! I love Jimi Hendrix, CCR, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Joe Cocker, The Who, Stones etc... It usually weirds people out when I tell them that but it is who I am lol 

Not gonna lie. I also like some of today's music too. If it has a good beat, I like it :) I love how you referenced the 90's Melissa! You must have "forgot" about Ace of Base and TLC though! haha

Quoting Mrivera4:

Hey Mom's!

So I just turned on music to get our day started and to clean up a bit. Made me think this would be a good forum to start.  What's your fave music..and not just the phases you go through but the stuff you always return to and can listen to and have listened to over & over..music that brings back memories of person's, places or things!

It's funny because mine is probably the last thing anyone would think it is..

MOTOWN OLDIES!  That's right...Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Shirley Brown, The Elgins, Etta James...all those soul satisfying artist's.  I grew up listening to this with my Mom and now it's music that I rely on to make me feel good and has me singing at the top of my lungs while vacuuming lol.. 

I also love old time Country (sorry not the pop country of today) David Allen Coe, George Straight, Hank Williams, The Judds, Tanya Tucker..

And then the music I listened to growing up, 90's R&B..Aaliyah, Mariah Carey, Jodeci, 112, Mya, Boys II Men..anybody just about 30 might know what I'm talking about lol..

So that's a little insight into who I am...WHO ARE YOU??!

listening to tunes

alynette
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

i like to dabble in a little bit of everything. my 2 favorites are classic rock and anything from the '90s. :)

hayleebabylove
by Head Admin on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I like your style! lol

Quoting alynette:

i like to dabble in a little bit of everything. my 2 favorites are classic rock and anything from the '90s. :)

Sassy.S
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll listen to just about anything. LOVE MOTOWN! Especially Smokey Robinson! I'm not loving a lot of today's pop music too much. But I am a huge boy band fan. I also like rap,rnb, country,doo wop, oldies but goodies. Pretty much all music. Except heavy metal. I love music . Most of the day my tv is off and pandora is playing ,my kids love it. Especially when some merengue or bachata comes on. They're always up and dancing with me.
Mrivera4
by Group Owner on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My first puppy love was half Dominican in high school. And so he naturally loved merengue and bachata and would always try to teach me how to dance to it but I was young and always embarassed lol..alhough now I wish I would've paid attention!! I too have pandora on most of the day lol! We were watching wayyyy to much tv around here so I'm trying to wean my kids and it's going great : ) O another thing I agree with is heavy metal..my DH likes some heavy stuff cuz that's what he was into as a teenager mostly..and it's prob not even heavy metal but to me it's enough lol. But he's mellow now, still likes rock but not that heavy stuff thank goodness I only hear it once in a great while..I would go crazy personally!

knitting   Hey Sass..I found this just for you :)  cute huh

Quoting Sassy.S:

I'll listen to just about anything. LOVE MOTOWN! Especially Smokey Robinson! I'm not loving a lot of today's pop music too much. But I am a huge boy band fan. I also like rap,rnb, country,doo wop, oldies but goodies. Pretty much all music. Except heavy metal. I love music . Most of the day my tv is off and pandora is playing ,my kids love it. Especially when some merengue or bachata comes on. They're always up and dancing with me.

mommy2izzy
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I really love Christian music...too many to list them all, but it keeps me uplifted and positive during the day...Mercy Me, Tenth Avenue North, Switchfoot, Kari Jobe, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder Band, Need to Breathe, etc etc etc. :)  I ALWAYS have music playing in the background no matter what I'm doing! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)