Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Me Time

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 235 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Hello Ladies! I was just wondering how my fellow Mommies out there make time for themselves. I have been battling with this for quite some time now and can't seem to do it. I have this enormous guilty feeling if I try to retreat to my room to read or leave the house while my daughter is still awake (while my fiance's home, of course.) My fiance tells me all the time to go to the beach or go upstairs and read but it's hard on me. He, on the other hand, has absolutely no problem going to his "man cave" at any minute of the day! Wish I could do that but I just can't. I guess I need to find a hobby, other than shopping credit card

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mrivera4
by Group Owner on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I usually have the guilty feeling too when I take some time for myself : /  I usually can't take time alone while in the house with the kids bc they always find me and want to be with me even though my Husband is trying to keep them occupied! It's like they know lol.  So unfortunately my "me time" has to be during a store run at night by myself or an MNO (which has been very rare but I'm hoping to change that, now that I have some ladies to MNO with lol!). So ya me to, I need to find a hobby other than shopping to get some "me time"..

hayleebabylove
by Head Admin on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Yeah the alone time in the house never really works out for me either. There are only so many places to "hide out" here and she usually ends up calling for me to where I can't read anyways lol I do enjoy my occasional runs to Target at night when I get to go alone but usually it's to pick up something real quick that we are out of. Never just to go to leisure around, which would be a dream come true ;) 

Hopefully we can get some other Mommies actively involved and maybe start doing a MNI where we can make a craft or something. I was also thinking if there was a show that we all enjoyed, maybe we could all do weekly get togethers to have a viewing party...and rotate houses each week? Or maybe a dinner/wine party once in awhile at someone's house? 

Quoting Mrivera4:

I usually have the guilty feeling too when I take some time for myself : /  I usually can't take time alone while in the house with the kids bc they always find me and want to be with me even though my Husband is trying to keep them occupied! It's like they know lol.  So unfortunately my "me time" has to be during a store run at night by myself or an MNO (which has been very rare but I'm hoping to change that, now that I have some ladies to MNO with lol!). So ya me to, I need to find a hobby other than shopping to get some "me time"..

Mrivera4
by Group Owner on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Love, Love, Love ALL your ideas lol!! Wouldn't that be sooo nice?! I'm telling ya, after last MNO I was beat tired the next day (mostly bc I'm usually in bed by 9:30 and our movie was a long one lol) but it was sooo worth it and I just felt like wow, I had a night out without my family and made it about me for a few hours and it felt great lol! So yes, I really really hope all these ladies will come together soon and we can get some regular "me time" in for all of us hard working Momma's big smile mini

Quoting hayleebabylove:

Yeah the alone time in the house never really works out for me either. There are only so many places to "hide out" here and she usually ends up calling for me to where I can't read anyways lol I do enjoy my occasional runs to Target at night when I get to go alone but usually it's to pick up something real quick that we are out of. Never just to go to leisure around, which would be a dream come true ;) 

Hopefully we can get some other Mommies actively involved and maybe start doing a MNI where we can make a craft or something. I was also thinking if there was a show that we all enjoyed, maybe we could all do weekly get togethers to have a viewing party...and rotate houses each week? Or maybe a dinner/wine party once in awhile at someone's house? 

Quoting Mrivera4:

hayleebabylove
by Head Admin on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

haha I was pretty tired the next day too. I swear the only thing that kept me awake for that movie was the Coke I was drinking! Maybe we could slowly work small get togethers in where everyone can just meet and chit chat. I don't know if there are any other Starbucks addicts in this group like myself (I AM HOOKED!) but we could all just meet at a starbucks for coffee one night or Jamba Juice if others don't like coffee as much as me ;) I'm also in SERIOUS need of a pedi--that could be a fun time too :) 

Quoting Mrivera4:

Love, Love, Love ALL your ideas lol!! Wouldn't that be sooo nice?! I'm telling ya, after last MNO I was beat tired the next day (mostly bc I'm usually in bed by 9:30 and our movie was a long one lol) but it was sooo worth it and I just felt like wow, I had a night out without my family and made it about me for a few hours and it felt great lol! So yes, I really really hope all these ladies will come together soon and we can get some regular "me time" in for all of us hard working Momma's big smile mini

Quoting hayleebabylove:

Quoting Mrivera4:

Sassy.S
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I really don't get to have any me time unless I'm really burnt out. By then I'm so grateful for the time off I don't feel bad about it. My husband usually will take the kids for a walk or take them to do some shopping. But I always end up cleaning while they are gone.

I love crafting. I had a few simple craft ideas for a MNO/MNI. I just haven't figured out a good night to do it. My husband is always so busy with school,work and soccer practice. They don't have a game next week Saturday  though, so maybe we could plan something for next friday night? My husband is off so he could take the kids out or over to my parents. Our home is not that big (we have a town house) but we can always work outside in the back yard. LMK what y'all think and I can get the things together.

Mrivera4
by Group Owner on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Hey Sassy!!

This would be great..count me in!! I would really enjoy this, and especially getting to meet you before I leave to the mainland on April 30th! I just found out a few days ago that my kids and I are going for 4wks.  I have to go tie up some lose ends and visit fam & friends while there.  So I feel kind of bummed that I have to leave the group for a few weeks after just starting it.  I do plan to make this announcement next wk sometime : /  But Rachel has stepped up to the plate for me and agreed to be an an Admin and not only help me now but keep the group going with play date's and MNO's while I'm gone. So thankful for that and if any of you other ladies want to be an Admin to help her out, just let me know..that would be great encouragement for each other ;-)

So anyway yes, yes, yes on this MNI! Let us know if you need help with getting it together, if you decide to do it..and I hope you do : )

Quoting Sassy.S:

I really don't get to have any me time unless I'm really burnt out. By then I'm so grateful for the time off I don't feel bad about it. My husband usually will take the kids for a walk or take them to do some shopping. But I always end up cleaning while they are gone.

I love crafting. I had a few simple craft ideas for a MNO/MNI. I just haven't figured out a good night to do it. My husband is always so busy with school,work and soccer practice. They don't have a game next week Saturday  though, so maybe we could plan something for next friday night? My husband is off so he could take the kids out or over to my parents. Our home is not that big (we have a town house) but we can always work outside in the back yard. LMK what y'all think and I can get the things together.

hayleebabylove
by Head Admin on Apr. 20, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Isn't it funny that once you finally get some time alone you still end up doing productive things instead of trying to relax?! I do that all the time too! 

I'm very interested in learning more about the crafting ideas you have. I am in NO WAY crafty/creative and am dying to learn how to make something on my own. I hope if we start planning now, we'll get a few other Mommies interested in coming as well and make it a great night. Please let us know if next Friday would work so we can put it on the Group Calendar. Also, what supplies would we need? Maybe each of us can bring a snack/drink or something to share? This sounds like fun!!

Quoting Sassy.S:

mommy2izzy
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

my main "me time" is escaping to my room to read...when my hubbie is home, he is really good about keeping the girls occupied, even if he has to be stern about it...because sometimes I just need a moment to relax and not be the human jungle gym for my girls ;)  Even just a half hour or an hour a week can recharge me.

I'm also part of an awesome group of moms/wives here, too...and when my husband is home he makes sure I get to go to a get-together/girls night at least once or twice per month.  I'm really looking forward to that in Hawaii!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN