Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 312 Total Views
3 moms liked this

Hi ladies, my name is Heather.

We will be PCS's to Oahu in the middle of June, my DH is in the USMC and I'm a SAHM. We have 2 children, Alexis my DD will be 5 in July and Zachary my DS will be 6 months when we get there in June.

I'm excited and scared all at the same time about moving there, it will be the farthest I've been away from home but it's Hawaii so I think I'll survive ;)

I've made some wonderful friends here in Cherry Point through cafemom and I hope to make some more at our new duty station. I look foward to meeting all of you!!!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AriMommy
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Heather!  Welcome to the group and good luck on your transition to Hawaii.  It's great here.  :)

hayleebabylove
by Head Admin on May. 2, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Aloha Heather :)

Welcome to the group! I think anyone who has had to transition to moving out here away from family and friends back home can agree that it's both exciting and scary, just as you described it. It's Hawaii and everyone has a different opinion about living out here but let me just say, it could be a whole lot worse! I have a love/hate relationship with this place but I must say, the views cannot be beat. There is so much to do here and tons of beautiful beaches to visit. 

Are you guys going to be stationed at Kaneohe Bay then since your husband is a Marine? I live on the opposite side of the island from the Marine base but my fiance works there (he's a medically retired Marine). I actually love driving to base when we can so that my DD can play at the parks there. The parks on base are awesome for the little ones and they are kept up pretty well :) 

I hope your move out here is smooth and please don't hesitate to ask us any questions you may have. We look forward to meeting you when you get settled in :)

Quoting heatherbarr:

We will be PCS's to Oahu in the middle of June, my DH is in the USMC and I'm a SAHM. We have 2 children, Alexis my DD will be 5 in July and Zachary my DS will be 6 months when we get there in June.

I'm excited and scared all at the same time about moving there, it will be the farthest I've been away from home but it's Hawaii so I think I'll survive ;)

I've made some wonderful friends here in Cherry Point through cafemom and I hope to make some more at our new duty station. I look foward to meeting all of you!!!

heatherbarr
by New Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Quoting AriMommy:

Hi Heather!  Welcome to the group and good luck on your transition to Hawaii.  It's great here.  :)

Thank you!!

heatherbarr
by New Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Quoting hayleebabylove:

Aloha Heather :)

Welcome to the group! I think anyone who has had to transition to moving out here away from family and friends back home can agree that it's both exciting and scary, just as you described it. It's Hawaii and everyone has a different opinion about living out here but let me just say, it could be a whole lot worse! I have a love/hate relationship with this place but I must say, the views cannot be beat. There is so much to do here and tons of beautiful beaches to visit. 

Are you guys going to be stationed at Kaneohe Bay then since your husband is a Marine? I live on the opposite side of the island from the Marine base but my fiance works there (he's a medically retired Marine). I actually love driving to base when we can so that my DD can play at the parks there. The parks on base are awesome for the little ones and they are kept up pretty well :) 

I hope your move out here is smooth and please don't hesitate to ask us any questions you may have. We look forward to meeting you when you get settled in :)

Quoting heatherbarr:

Thank you and yes we will be living on base. I'm glad to hear that the parks are nice because that's one of our favorite pass times :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)