Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate how people see teen moms

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:12 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 348 Total Views

That show 16 & pregnant, Teen mom, teen mom 2, And the couple episodes of Dr. Drew  with Maci, Katilyn, Kalya. I used to watch it, becuase It was something to watch. But now It fucking pisses me off!!! They make Teen moms look really bad. No wonder we have a bad wrap. I'm a teen Mom and my life is not that bad. I swear the show is scriped and fake. They bitch and complain about how hard it is and how they thought it was going to be easy. Well it is easy!!! You have to have the determination and the will prower to do the job.  Call me crazy, but i found parenting very easy. We here a lil back story.

At the time i got pregnant I was dating a friend from high school. we had be dating for a year and it was the three time we had sex. He went and bought a new box of condoms and i was on the pill at the time ( i was also taking medication for anxeity, and my doctor told me it would not mess with my birth control.... you have seen the depicot law suit commercals yeah i'm really glad it was the last time i took it..) so we had sex and after found a pin hole in the box while i was hiding it. and didn't think much of it at the time because i was on the pill. we went on with our lives. 16 weeks went by with out an signs When i started having morning sickness. I thought i had a stomach flu because it was for 3 days all day long. i was still have a period so i really didn't think much of it. My mom figured it out before i did. Well my whole family did!!! 

So my mom made appointment at Planned Parenthood for the next day and they gave me a pregnancy test. i was pregnant! then they Pull there famous trick. they pulled me into the back and want me to undress. the lady was tell me that i would fail, never graduate high school, never go to collage, and work a mcdizz all my life. they were trying to scare me. they had my mom it the waiting room and they were trying so hard to get her to sign a release paper for me to get a abortion. well my mom is a nurse and never sign a medical paper without reading it. when she read the frist few lines she looked at the lady and told her to F off. back were i was they we still trying there scare tacktic.....lol. it was rather funny, because i don't get scared!!! i was kinda happy yet i was shocked, but not scared. when she told me to sit and that the was going to take care of the "problem" right now. I told her " to get the fuck away from me you murder. you are crazy if you thought i was going to get a abortion. you must be really fucked in the head to think that i would fall for everything that you said!" then i got dress and stormed out of the room. when my mom and got out side she asked me what happened. i told her and she laughed and said the tried getting her to sign the paper work for it...... but she was right she knew her daughter way to well. after that i had a normal pregnancy. I went through all of my sophmore year like a normal kid. I had a problem with 2 teachers. I got on fired at the begining of the year because he gave me a dention for running out of the class room because i had to vomit and pee at the same time. it was my first period of the day and it was the 3rd time that day that is had to go. ( it was a bad day for me. I ate somthing that morning that didn't setal right with me) and i used all my bathroom passes in that day. By this time everyone new i was pregnant and new that i was sick as a dog that day. I ask to go to the bathroom. He said no. so yelled if you don't let me i will piss and vomit right here in this class room. he still said no. so the kids in the back of the class with me started to pass a trash can over to me and he yelled at them for it. at that point i just got up grabed the trash can and ran to the bathroom. when i got back the was a pink slip on my desk and one on every single person who helped me. i told them after class that i was sorry but they told me it was fine and the would do it again so i had them walk with me to my cousilor and our VP and Principle and they were my witnesses and we got him fired for segrateing me out and put me in danger. Another teacher i had a problem with was my swim team coach. for our final we had to run 5 miles in 2 hours and swim 10 miles. well the whole year everytime i got in that pool i would vomit. he make me down every day for not doing what i was told. i would dress out. but by time my final came around my one piece swim suit didn't fit. so i had to wear a 2 peice and he marked me down. I did my final, but he failed me i did the five miles in 3 hours ever time i would go by him i would run and i would walk when i far away from him. i fell down 5 time and even the student that were teacher favorite would argue with him about him make me do this final 7 months pregnant. when it came to swimming i did one lap in the pool and puked. so i really failed. But i told him. 

June 30 i had my daughter! that was greatest day of my life. I went home 3 days later and i was very happy to be home and in my bed. The first night home she sleeped all night and woke up at 7 with me. I was strictly breastfeeding. she was a very easy baby she sleeped alot, ate alot, and pooped, never cryed or fussed. and was on a schedule in a couple days. that first year was fun. i went back to school and started my 3 year of honor classes. but i was starting to miss her and my milk was slowing down so i switch to home schooling through my school still doing honors but i was able to get my milk back up. i did that for my junior and senior year. When it was time to graduate i was suppose to have a white gown and gold tasel, but the school told me that it would make them look bad to have a teen mom walk with the honor students. so i went to the district and they said the same thing. i was so upset. I worked for 4 year to get that honor. i would have been the first in my family and now i was loss that. but i walk with the rest of my class and got my diploma. 

My daughters father was there even though we had broke up he was still my best friend and my hubby were getting married later that day at the court house. and we have been married for 1 year and 11 months. my daughter is 3 now. and to be honest i don't regret her. I don't regret have sex at 15, and i wound not change a thing. I'm very happy with how my life is. my daughter is the the reason i get up in the morning, the reason i graduated, the reason i'm going to college, the reason i' stay home, and reason i'm happy with how my life is now. she has brought my whole family out of the dark and even thought we don't have a lot of money she make everything better. she has made us better people. 

So that my story!!! So why do these girl on mtv Bitch all the time. it not as hard as they make it seem. I can't stand them. yes my family supported me, Yes her father is still in her life, yes we are not together and a couple, but we are still friends, my husband helps me. I own a car, i live on my own with my husband. 

these girls are just showing off for the carmra and it wrong!!! another thing that really irks me is how so many people are trying to stop teen pregnany. It won't stop. since the dawn of time girl had sex when they started their period!!! it is what the human body is for!!! women are made to pop out babies when they first strat their period. so why is it so wrong??? Why do we have to wait till we are married, and have a career. I had my daughter before i was married and before i had a career and we are doing great. 

okay really sorry that it was long but i feel really better now!!! 

by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kittenmom001
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Realy? I'm glad your life was easy but it isn't for everyone! I struggle every day with post partum depression a high need baby an my relationship with her father. I can't work and I am struggling to find time for school. I'm on medicade and wic because I can't work and her fathers parents Wont let him work. We are both graduating this may, he is going into the navy while I start my at home business. I'm sorry but not everybodys life is all cupcakes and butterflies! I'm not trying to be mean or anything all I'm saying is I think teens should wait and not have sex not have kids, it isn't easy for everyone.
mommy1851
by New Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I agree with you 100percent
It's very good to see that things turned out so good for you but the truth is that it's not like that for most teen mothers. I had a overall good pregnancy, me and my husband have been married for 1year and a half (I'm 18) and we own our own car and we are in the process of buying our own house right now, he works and I've doing my college classes online for the past 4 months, I love my daughter more than anything and I do not regret my life not one bit but it is hard. Having to be super responsible and having that pressure to do everything right, struggling with money and having to say no to many things is just some of the hardships of being a teen mom. I think it's wrong to bash a teen moms or try to make them feel guilty or regretful of their decisions but I completely condone and support people who are trying to prevent Teenage pregnancies.
Yes you made it even against all the odds but don't you think it would be smarter to have a baby after your done with college and have a good job with a good salary, to be marked and in a relationship that has more chances of lasting, to have your child raised by both parents who are in a relationship, who are financially stable And sometimes even more emotionally prepared?
I'm not saying the way we do it is wrong but every time I talk to my friends about it I ask them to wait before they have sex, to first take care of themselves and live their life before they bring another life into the world. I love my daughter (she's 6months) and she's my life but I wouldn't promote doing what I did to anyone because it wasn't and still is not easy, it's completely worth it, but not easy.

Quoting kittenmom001:

Realy? I'm glad your life was easy but it isn't for everyone! I struggle every day with post partum depression a high need baby an my relationship with her father. I can't work and I am struggling to find time for school. I'm on medicade and wic because I can't work and her fathers parents Wont let him work. We are both graduating this may, he is going into the navy while I start my at home business. I'm sorry but not everybodys life is all cupcakes and butterflies! I'm not trying to be mean or anything all I'm saying is I think teens should wait and not have sex not have kids, it isn't easy for everyone.

pj2becca21
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:52 AM

I am going to collage full time, I already have a degree in culinary, but no i'm not going to use them till after all my kids move out!! I will continue to be a stay at home mom till then and be a house wife and a mother. I may not be in a relationship with my daughter father, but that is to long of a story. short version we are both stubborn and we butted heads all the time. we work better as friends raising a child than together. Her step father in her life because he is my oldest friend, my most trusted, my lover, and my heart. He care very much for her.  We are stable and have been for the past 5 years. either my X or my husband we have done well for teens parents or teens in general. No one is emotional ready for kids period. i leave my friends sex life out of our talks! that's their life not mine. plus it starts drama. another how can anyone live their lives in this economy!!! 

One i don't prompt it. I'm just say that some times it turns out great!!! and not what you see on tv. 

Quoting mommy1851:

I agree with you 100percent
It's very good to see that things turned out so good for you but the truth is that it's not like that for most teen mothers. I had a overall good pregnancy, me and my husband have been married for 1year and a half (I'm 18) and we own our own car and we are in the process of buying our own house right now, he works and I've doing my college classes online for the past 4 months, I love my daughter more than anything and I do not regret my life not one bit but it is hard. Having to be super responsible and having that pressure to do everything right, struggling with money and having to say no to many things is just some of the hardships of being a teen mom. I think it's wrong to bash a teen moms or try to make them feel guilty or regretful of their decisions but I completely condone and support people who are trying to prevent Teenage pregnancies.
Yes you made it even against all the odds but don't you think it would be smarter to have a baby after your done with college and have a good job with a good salary, to be marked and in a relationship that has more chances of lasting, to have your child raised by both parents who are in a relationship, who are financially stable And sometimes even more emotionally prepared?
I'm not saying the way we do it is wrong but every time I talk to my friends about it I ask them to wait before they have sex, to first take care of themselves and live their life before they bring another life into the world. I love my daughter (she's 6months) and she's my life but I wouldn't promote doing what I did to anyone because it wasn't and still is not easy, it's completely worth it, but not easy.

Quoting kittenmom001:

kittenmom001
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mommy1851:

Well I am one of those moms who speak out against teen pregnancy because their are a lot of kids who can't make it easily, kids who are thrown out forced into abortions or adoptions, or even forced to keep the kid if they feel they arent ready. I am lucky to still have my daughters father as my fiancé I'm lucky to be graduating and I'm working hard to start my own at home bakery business .. I know people who aren't as lucky as me or their kids aren't lucky.
mommy1851
by New Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Please don't get me wrong, I am in no way criticizing you, on the contrary I am trully glad things worked out so great for your family, I am just pointing out that things aren't like that for the majority of teenage mothers, the tv show is good because it shows the hardships and struggles that most teenage moms go through and it's a good way to help other teenagers to think twice before having sex so young and to be more careful and at least use protection if they feel like they are ready for sex. And when I say live your life I just mean go out and have fun as a teenager, without all the responsibilities and restrictions that come with parenthood. I always tell my friends to bee teenagers, have sleep overs, go to parties without having to worry about when your going to get home, be out all day on Saturday and sleep in all day on Sunday, enjoy school and prom and being able to hang out with your friends whenever and wherever you want; just simple things that become harder if not impossible after you become a mom. I love being a mother and I would not change my life for the world and I am extremely thankful for all the blessings God has given to me and I'm glad to see things are going good for you and we should consider ourselves extremely lucky because unfortunately it's not like that for most teenage parents.

Quoting pj2becca21:

pj2becca21
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Can i point out something. Most teen don't like that time in there life 

and most have more important things to do than party and spend all day out and sleep in.

When i was growing up, i was not allowed to do what ever i wanted. I had to do what my family was doing and i'm glad it was that way!!

Simple thing like what? going out shopping? cooking? cleaning? what ? i still did all that i had the baby wrap thing!! 

Quoting mommy1851:

Please don't get me wrong, I am in no way criticizing you, on the contrary I am trully glad things worked out so great for your family, I am just pointing out that things aren't like that for the majority of teenage mothers, the tv show is good because it shows the hardships and struggles that most teenage moms go through and it's a good way to help other teenagers to think twice before having sex so young and to be more careful and at least use protection if they feel like they are ready for sex. And when I say live your life I just mean go out and have fun as a teenager, without all the responsibilities and restrictions that come with parenthood. I always tell my friends to bee teenagers, have sleep overs, go to parties without having to worry about when your going to get home, be out all day on Saturday and sleep in all day on Sunday, enjoy school and prom and being able to hang out with your friends whenever and wherever you want; just simple things that become harder if not impossible after you become a mom. I love being a mother and I would not change my life for the world and I am extremely thankful for all the blessings God has given to me and I'm glad to see things are going good for you and we should consider ourselves extremely lucky because unfortunately it's not like that for most teenage parents.

Quoting pj2becca21:

Meredithrocks
by Head Admin on May. 6, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I'm glad you have done so well for yourself despite being a teen mom!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)