Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Shampoo

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:46 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 266 Total Views

Do any of you ladies "No 'Poo"?

Baking soda and vinegar rinse instead of shampoo. ...I usually rotate between a "natural" shampoo and the bs-acv rinse. ....But this morning when i rinsed with acv i about threw up in the shower. Ugh! Any other recommendations?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
angelove8
by Group Owner on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Wow! I've never heard of that! Can you tell me more? 

outstandingLove
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Well, basically, instead of shampoo some women use baking soda and vinegar. I use apple cider vinegar but you can use white vinegar too. Everyone does it a little different based on hair type and how hard the water is. My water is very hard which is one reason why i was still using shampoo every other day or so. But i used to be a complete "No 'Poo" girl.

you can google it. ...Shampoo only came out in the 30's. Before that, people washed their hair with baking soda and (often) vinegar.

angelove8
by Group Owner on May. 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Wow! That is pretty neat. How did it affect your hair? Did it make it softer?

Quoting outstandingLove:

Well, basically, instead of shampoo some women use baking soda and vinegar. I use apple cider vinegar but you can use white vinegar too. Everyone does it a little different based on hair type and how hard the water is. My water is very hard which is one reason why i was still using shampoo every other day or so. But i used to be a complete "No 'Poo" girl.

you can google it. ...Shampoo only came out in the 30's. Before that, people washed their hair with baking soda and (often) vinegar.

outstandingLove
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Quoting angelove8:

Wow! That is pretty neat. How did it affect your hair? Did it make it softer?

Quoting outstandingLove:

My hair is already pretty soft because it's so fine and thin. What i liked about it was i got more volume! :-)

mnmo3bb
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I would love to! I have been buying "natural" and I just can't find anything that doesn't cause build up by the time the bottle is done... I end up using the regular crappy stuff to get my hair what I think is clean lol I could use the volume as well, my hair is pretty flat and thin these days...

One-n-Counting
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Nope curly hair doesnt do so well with this method. I like doctor bronners or yes to carrots for shampoo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)